Best 2.0 system under $350
Jun 23, 2016 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kilipeti

New Head-Fier
Hey!

I'm looking for an active stereo speaker system under $350!

Currently I'm listening to music on a bass-modded AKG Q701 and I use Vsonic GR07 for portable sutff.
My demands:
- Not quite analitic characteristic, more on the warm and musical side.
- I'd like to use it for movies as well, so bass is needed (adjustable bass or with software EQ... Of course for music I wouldn't use EQ and I like a bit of extra bass every now and then)
- I want it next to my monitor on the table so it shouldn't be too big.
- I don't need any iphone docking thing or bluetooth or anything.

It would run from PC through integrated sound card for a while but it should change in the future. The acoustics of the room (small room) is quite bad so it will be a compromised solution for sure.

What are my best options? I'm looking for both new and used stuff!

Thank you very much in advance!

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 4
For best audio detail, in a 2.0 setup, for the budget, I would be looking into a pair of JBL LSR305 studio monitors.

For a 2.1 setup, Corsair SP2500

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 4
  For best audio detail, in a 2.0 setup, for the budget, I would be looking into a pair of JBL LSR305 studio monitors.

How would you connect them to a pc?  Curious because I am also looking for PC/PS4 speakers.

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 4

How would you connect them to a pc?  Curious because I am also looking for PC/PS4 speakers.

The JBL LSR305 offers un-balanced input (as well as balanced input).
Most consumer audio products use an un-balanced connection.
So you can run a cable (3.5mm stereo plug to dual mono 1/4" plug) from the motherboard's on-board audio, to the studio monitors (LSR305).
The JBL LSR305 can also work with gaming consoles (PS4) or even be connected to a TV.
Might(?) have to spend up to $60 for an external DAC, for the PS4 or TV hook up.

You also might consider getting a Sound Blaster Z sound card (for the PC) It's CS4398 DAC chip should be better then whatever DAC feature your motherboard has.
Plus the SB-Z comes with an amplifier headphone jack, as well as line-output, for the studio monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back