Best $150 IEMs for Bassheads?
May 13, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #31 of 43
I agree with all that was just said, that the way some of us see things as bassy may differ from others, and some of us may see quality over quantity sometimes still resulting in us concludinrg that a pair is bassy because it delivers solid, clean bass. It's hard for the OP to demo for iem's as well as those aren't displa in stores and are harder to return. I believe that best buy carries those Vmoda headphones you were looking at, and they had a demo pair in the lounge at my store (only thing is the demo pair was missing from their spot). Also, I don't think I saw this mentioned before: will you be using or considering an amp down the road?

May 13, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #32 of 43
I agree with all that was just said, that the way some of us see things as bassy may differ from others, and some of us may see quality over quantity sometimes still resulting in us concludinrg that a pair is bassy because it delivers solid, clean bass. It's hard for the OP to demo for iem's as well as those aren't displa in stores and are harder to return. I believe that best buy carries those Vmoda headphones you were looking at, and they had a demo pair in the lounge at my store (only thing is the demo pair was missing from their spot). Also, I don't think I saw this mentioned before: will you be using or considering an amp down the road?

I unfortunately am nowhere near a Best Buy. The closest is 50 miles away and if I had to do a return it would be an extreme hassle.

I took a chance on the V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and will be receiving them tomorrow from Amazon. 

Nope, no amp for me. Maybe a few years from now as I delve more into the "audiophile" world, but for now, just the headphones for me. I will mostly be using my HTC One M8 which I hear is actually pretty good in terms of "driving" your headphones.

May 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #36 of 43
well cool, i do hear the LP2 do have plenty of bass!  my thing is that i'm somewhat of a basshead myself and i have some UE6000 that have pretty thunderous bass.  but ever since i got some nice IEM's, i never use my headphones....mostly because of the convenience of using the IEM's vs headphones.  it also made me realize that i enjoy good clean sound and detail with clean bass over bass heavy headphones.  to each their own.  enjoy those vmodas!! 
gs1000.gif

May 13, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #37 of 43
  well cool, i do hear the LP2 do have plenty of bass!  my thing is that i'm somewhat of a basshead myself and i have some UE6000 that have pretty thunderous bass.  but ever since i got some nice IEM's, i never use my headphones....mostly because of the convenience of using the IEM's vs headphones.  it also made me realize that i enjoy good clean sound and detail with clean bass over bass heavy headphones.  to each their own.  enjoy those vmodas!! 
gs1000.gif

Thanks man. I get them tomorrow so I dunno if I'll like them yet. I'm honestly nervous because I know there are some other headphones in the price range that people like a lot as well (mainly the ATH-M50X and DT770) - seeing a lot of people debate back and forth over which of the 3 they like the most.

May 14, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #38 of 43
So many solid headphones in that range you really can't go wrong unless you have very precice taste- in which case you can probably get that with a bit of clever EQing or something.

May 14, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #39 of 43

I was wondering the same? Well, post your impressions after listening to the V-Moda

Have only used them for a few hours so burn-in is still not in full effect but man am I loving them. They have just about the amount of bass I was looking for. Certain songs sound better than others, and some songs just hit like I'm driving down the road in my car. Sounds awesome. I'm actually really surprised how strong the highs are. Some songs it almost makes me cringe but that's a minor complaint of mine. Seems to be fixing itself through burn-in.

I know burn-in can be a placebo for some but after some Googling it sounds like this particular headphone actually really benefits from usage.

May 14, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #40 of 43
Have only used them for a few hours so burn-in is still not in full effect but man am I loving them. They have just about the amount of bass I was looking for. Certain songs sound better than others, and some songs just hit like I'm driving down the road in my car. Sounds awesome. I'm actually really surprised how strong the highs are. Some songs it almost makes me cringe but that's a minor complaint of mine. Seems to be fixing itself through burn-in.

I know burn-in can be a placebo for some but after some Googling it sounds like this particular headphone actually really benefits from usage.

I believe in burn in. I remember when I had a iem that made bunch of shh noises on the letter S after several hours of burn in it made less of that noise

May 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #41 of 43
I believe in burn in. I remember when I had a iem that made bunch of shh noises on the letter S after several hours of burn in it made less of that noise

I dunno how else to really say it other than the fact that these headphones already sound better in every aspect after maybe... 4-5 hours of playtime. I am so happy with this purchase. For some reason Zedd songs shine the most with this headphone. Everything just pops. Vocals in your face while the bass is punchy as hell. They're uncomfortable on my head after awhile but I'd imagine that's because I have barely ever used over ear headphones in my life. I'll adjust.

Thanks everyone for your help.

May 15, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #42 of 43

I was wondering the same? Well, post your impressions after listening to the V-Moda

Ok. Now we know your sound signature preference. If you feel highs are too much, download a free "Music Equalizer" for IOS/Android and experiment with adjustment of the highest frequencies to your liking. 

May 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #43 of 43
I dunno how else to really say it other than the fact that these headphones already sound better in every aspect after maybe... 4-5 hours of playtime. I am so happy with this purchase. For some reason Zedd songs shine the most with this headphone. Everything just pops. Vocals in your face while the bass is punchy as hell. They're uncomfortable on my head after awhile but I'd imagine that's because I have barely ever used over ear headphones in my life. I'll adjust.

Thanks everyone for your help.

You will prob get use to the headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back