Best 150-200$ headphones
Mar 18, 2015 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IMPERIUS

Head-Fier
Hi!

Since I didn't get my questions answered in the last thread I posted I decided to turn things around- now YOU suggest me a headphone between 150 and 200$ (can also be lower but cannot exceed 200$). 
Just list one headphone and add WHY you chose that particular one, where it performs good and what are its downsides etc.

thanks!

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 4
New:
AKG K550
Neutral headphone with great soundstage for a closed can. Bass is relatively light, but it's accurate and can go deep.

Second hand:
Sennheiser HD580 (or HD600 if you can find it for that price)
Great allrounder that does many genres right and can easily compete with many other headphones that are much more expensive.

I actually just purchased a Stax SR-2020 system for €200,- I think that might be even better, but I still have to find out. The package arrives tomorrow.

[EDIT]
I just read your previous post and All the headphones above wo'nt satisfy your bass needs. They all have the qualty, but not the quantity. You might want to use an equalizer. It'll give you all the bass you need.

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 4
As an addendum to Beyakusenn, you can look at the AKG K7XX, which are some of AKG's bassiest headphones but retain their characteristics. If you're looking for open + bass, then the DT990s are worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back