best 128mb flash player?
Mar 3, 2004 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

refault

100+ Head-Fier
i'm looking for a nice 128mb flash player. i already have the iFP-180T that i can sell to go toward the purchase of a new one.

i'm looking at the iFP-380T and am liking it because it has all the cool features (voice record and FM tuner) + new OGG playback!

i'd say OGG playback is pretty important for me considering the limited space on a 128mb flash player. voice recording and an FM tuner is also very nice.

should i go with the 380T? or shall i look at something else? i can probably at MOST get only $100 off of the 180T and maybe buy the 380T used or something.

Mar 6, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 7
Yea, iFP 3xx is a really nice series. 380 has the best capacity/price ratio (IMO) though the memory is not expandable like on Rio players (which all, for the most part, can take in a 512 meg flash card).

I'd get a 390... 128 megs just doesn't cut it for me. But ifyou think you'll be satisfied with 128 megs, then go for it.

Nomad makes these MuVos that are just flash drives. You stick a battery pack on it to make it look cool. It's also, another really nice option for you. But if you don't need the portable storage, then I suggest you just stick with the iFP 380

Mar 7, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 7
I say a nitrus or an iPod Mini will go anywhere a flash player will go, and rough through most of the shock any player would go through in a gym. I'd seriously look at the new mini HD DAP's.

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Fish Tank X
I say a nitrus or an iPod Mini will go anywhere a flash player will go, and rough through most of the shock any player would go through in a gym. I'd seriously look at the new mini HD DAP's.

No thanks. I like dropping my flash mp3 players from 10feet+ (don't ask me why.) Makes me feel secure no matter what.

The Rio Cali 128MB w/ expansion card looks to be cool, around the same price range too. I really like the 380's mic/FM tuner which the Cali dosen't have..
frown.gif
The Cali also dosen't play OGG Vorbis while the 380 does.

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by refault
No thanks. I like dropping my flash mp3 players from 10feet+ (don't ask me why.) Makes me feel secure no matter what.

Lol...my question is not why, but what kind of situation would you drop a flash player????
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back