Best ~ 100$ US IEM?
Feb 26, 2007 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

screamer

New Head-Fier
Ive been looking over the IEM headphones and it seems like most good ones are out of my price range. I dont have an amp that I use for regular listening so these are mainly going to be used at school, gym, and at home. I want to get the most quality for my money. I can go up a few more dollars but i am trying to keep the price low. Also I am looking for a pair they would sell at local electronic stores like best buy or circuit city. Seems like the Sure E2C or the IM616 are my best choices, I realy have no idea...
Thanks for the help,
Willie

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #2 of 9
The iM716's are for $105 on Amazon.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 9
Well there are many possibilities. So help us out:
What music do you like?
Do you want isolation?
Do you want true IEMS or include canalphones?
Would you consider used 'phones?
and anything else important to you...

btw there are a LOT of very similar threads around that you can search for to get some background of sound sigs for each if you want

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 9
the vibes ($99) and the er-6i ($70) get lots of love here
smily_headphones1.gif
the vibes have good bass and the er6i offer good clarity, i think (from what I have read). good luck!

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iM716's are for $105 on Amazon.

Seconded.

The iM716's really do everything well.

Of course, since you're not using an amp, the iM616 may be more appropriate.

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 9
You can get new, in the package Shure E2C from reputable sources on eBay for around $57 or so, shipped.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well there are many possibilities. So help us out:
What music do you like?
Do you want isolation?
Do you want true IEMS or include canalphones?
Would you consider used 'phones?
and anything else important to you...

btw there are a LOT of very similar threads around that you can search for to get some background of sound sigs for each if you want

Isolation would be nice and i dont much care if it is a true IEMS or canalphone, couldnt tell the difference. Dont want used ones, and i listen to all different types of music. But I dont know what would be offered in nearby stores because I dont have time to get any off the internet right now, maybe if i rushed delivered today...But does anyone know which phones are avalible besides the sures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back