Best 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adaptor to buy?
May 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Devarika Woulf

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

I own the famous 1/4th to 1/8th Grado adaptor. It works great without a loss of quality. I'm wondering what the equivalent is in quality for a 1/8th to 1/4th? I'm buying an aftermarket cable for my portable headphone so it needs to be a 1/8th but I would also like to use it on my home amp and need it to turn into a 1/4th.

All the ones out there seem to be crap. Any suggestions? Thanks.

May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 3
Radioshack's gold series plug adapter will be better than a cable adapter.  The cable adapter would be better suited for a portable device with a 1/4" jack.

May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Radioshack's gold series plug adapter will be better than a cable adapter.  The cable adapter would be better suited for a portable device with a 1/4" jack.

This.

Just get an adapter that goes over the 1/8" jack - a lot of headphones even include one (you could probably just recycle that if your headphones had one to start with). If not Radio Shack, Hosa claims a lifetime warranty on all of their products (I've never taken them up on it, nor do I know anyone who has; it may not live up to the Koss No Questions Asked burden of being a lifetime warranty), and their stuff is well put together in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back