Best 1/4” to mini adapter?
Oct 26, 2005 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Riku540

1000+ Head-Fier
Just ordered an HF-1 and found out they don’t come with a mini adapter. I know Grado makes some cheap but I’m sure there’s better out there. How are the ones at CablePro or Moon-Audio? Can anyone make recommendations of the best 1/4” to 1/8” adapter that offers the best quality signal? Thanks.

Oct 26, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 7
I think the regular Grado adapter would be the most economical choice. The adapter uses the same cable as the HF-1 so it should do the job just fine. I don't think it would be wise to spend so much on an adapter when you are going to plug it into the stock cable. I doubt you would hear any difference using a high priced adapter in this configuration.

Try to add the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter to your order before Todd ships your HF-1. You will save on shipping.
biggrin.gif

Another option if you are handy with the soldering iron would be to reterminate your HF-1 with a quality mini plug.

Oct 27, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 7
Do not spend a fortune on a "best quality signal" connector. I would recommend the Grado, because it does not put as much stress on the mini connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back