Best 0404 settings with Windows Media Player 10
Dec 17, 2004 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jxb2

100+ Head-Fier
Seems like there is infinite combination of settings with WMP10 enhancements and add-ons, and the EMU 404.

Any thoughts on best combo for highest quality audio CD playback through EMU running through Gilmore or Woo to Senn 600's?

Thanks for any help here - feel like I could experiment to no end.

Dec 25, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Under options on the devices tab... set 'speakers' to the Emu and check the box for 24 bit playback. You're done. As for Foobar vs. WMP sound wise they are the same, WMP is easier to use and prettier unless you go mod hunting for Foobar. That said eventually you'll hit an album that WMP won't play but F2K will. It happened to be a really good album so until I can find it in stores, I'm running Foobar
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
Under options on the devices tab... set 'speakers' to the Emu and check the box for 24 bit playback. You're done. As for Foobar vs. WMP sound wise they are the same, WMP is easier to use and prettier unless you go mod hunting for Foobar. That said eventually you'll hit an album that WMP won't play but F2K will. It happened to be a really good album so until I can find it in stores, I'm running Foobar
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been enjoying this tremendously. Thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back