Berning MicroZOTL for $500.00 !!! On AUDIOGON
Apr 17, 2004 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
I am not connected with the seller in any way. This looks like an awesome deal.

The Berning MicroZOTL is not so common here and I dont understand why. It is EASILY one of the best headphone amplifiers out there. Looks amazing and sounds absolutely fabulous with the following headphones :-

1] Grado HP1 / HP2
2] Sennheiser HD-580 / 600 and I assume the 650
3] Sony CD3000
4] Sony MD R10

Here is the link :

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1087322497

Cheers!!

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 18
Anyone biting on this? It is a fine piece of technology. Looks a bit funny, but the tubes glow nicely through the window.

Apr 20, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 18
I can verify that it is OUTSTANDING w/the HD 650. And responds nicely to some good NOS tubes, as well.
600smile.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Two words: tube roll

3000smile.gif

Ain't it the truth ! I owned a Zotl for a couple years and loved it. I'd still have it if I could've afforded to keep it and my new addition. I had Kevin Deal from Upscale Audio set me up with replacement NOS tubes and it had beautiful bass. I sold it to a good friend who'd been wanting it the whole time I owned it so I gave him a killer deal. I found out though that you definitely have to tube roll to maximize the sound.

Apr 21, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Two words: tube roll

3000smile.gif

LOL! And good point, that's one of the advantages of having a tube amp as opposed to a SS amp. With the right tubes you can get the right sound that will tickle your fancy.

Apr 22, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
I've heard of the "double post" before, but the "triple post" is a new one on me.
confused.gif

Damn, I wish I could do that; it would probably get me a new custom title.

Once search is up, the nice thread on tuberolling the Zotl makes for good reading. Even with tuberolling, the Zotl is probably best as a classical/jazz amp and not a bass slamming pop music amp!

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Damn, I wish I could do that; it would probably get me a new custom title.

Once search is up, the nice thread on tuberolling the Zotl makes for good reading. Even with tuberolling, the Zotl is probably best as a classical/jazz amp and not a bass slamming pop music amp!

I agree that its not a pop music amp, but with the 650s better bass and the right NOS tubes, its really pretty fantastic, and it can drive horns or other high eff speakers pretty nicely.

And here is an ad for some very nicely priced 6SN7s for the Zotl
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1087781095

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
As a former 'zotl owner, I have two words: No bass.

as the former owner of reverend dave's former zotl, i agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back