Berkeley Mini-Meet 01/29/2005
Feb 3, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
as for a meet next week, I think I am a bit exhausted from the previous three and want a weekend without visitors for once.

But Alex, you promised we'd have one and that means that Leeav has to come and as long as we're having two over, why not a few more? Just kidding big guy, I'm desperately searching for a life right now, but not finding it! Or at least not enough time to enjoy it. I bet my L-3000's don't have 2 hours on them yet and an hour of the time so far was them breaking in without me listening to them...

Leeav,

What's the problem here? you seem to have a spot of dyslexia in the case of the L-3000's, you keep putting them in the wrong order in your lists?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, I thought you were collecting them all?
tongue.gif

I listened to them but don't think I like the sound enough to own them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #18 of 25
The L3000 keeps sounding better and better to me; I was borrowing it for several weeks and within that time (about 250 hours or so) it improved dramatically. Then, after hearing it with Alex's Gilmore Reference I was even more impressed. It always sounded better than the W2002 but I never realized how impressive it really is. While I still prefer my balanced HD650/Zu, the R10, K1000, Qualia and HE90, it is certainly up there at number 6 in my book. I would dare say that the L3000 is the best sealed can that I've heard other than the R10 (and it can be had for half the price of the wooden Sony too). I'm down for yet another meet if you are, Greg!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The L3000 keeps sounding better and better to me; I was borrowing it for several weeks and within that time (about 250 hours or so) it improved dramatically.

well, it should... being that the drivers were replaced and new. sounds much better than when I first got it back from repairs.

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm kinda new to the headphone world, so I hope you don't mind me asking. What is the purpose of these meets? I attend Cal, and I see that there a lot of meets in the bay area. Thanks.

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucbEE
IWhat is the purpose of these meets?

At HeadFi meets you :-

* meet people
* eat funky cuisine
* eat more food
* do a little listening and a LOT of talking
* come back to HeadFi and post pictures and pointless vague comments (J/K)
* create a path that will flush out your bank balance into the hands of us greedy manufacturers
wink.gif

LOL

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

At HeadFi meets you :

* meet people
* eat funky cuisine
* eat more food
* do a little listening and a LOT of talking
* come back to HeadFi and post pictures and pointless vague comments (J/K)
* create a path that will flush out your bank balance into the hands of us greedy manufacturers

What Guru said!
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #23 of 25
* let others listen to gear that they otherwise probably cannot listen to
* stand there not listening to anything but rather talking to people (interrupting their headphone listening) and taking pictures of everything
* avoid getting pictures taken with odd-looking headphones (K1000 with flaps wide open, Cheesy phones, Floats...)
* get equipment that you loaned out returned
* etc.

at least that's what I do.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The L3000 keeps sounding better and better to me; I was borrowing it for several weeks and within that time (about 250 hours or so) it improved dramatically.

You know me man, just busting your chops 'cause, well, someone has to. Strangely enough I've been in a rather Sennheiser mood lately. The 650 sounds realllly good with the Meridian and the 588...

Feb 3, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
at least that's what I do.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

And then there's that thing with the sheep...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back