Berkeley Meet?
Aug 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Azure

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just wondering if there were any chances of another Berkeley (mini?) meet? I recall that some have been done in the past, but I missed out on them. However, I'd still love to go to one. I don't have enough space in my apartment to host a meet, but maybe another Berkeley Head-Fier can help out here?

Anyhow, I was just posting to see if anybody else was interested in at least a mini-meet.

Tentative Attendee List:
aaron313
Azure
royewest
TDRKZ
zazz+54321

Tentative Gear List:

Headphones:
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 -- TDRKZ
Sony MDR-CD3000 -- Azure

Amps:
Bottlehead S.E.X. amp with C4S board upgrade, etc. (depending on distance from parking to location) -- royewest
Maxxed PPA v1.0c w/ STEPS (AD8610) -- Azure
Millett Starving Student Hybrid amp (with a few tweaks) -- royewest
Mini3 -- royewest

Sources:
Alien DACs with different output cap configs -- royewest
April Music Stello DA100 -- Azure
Grace M902 -- royewest
Lavry DA10 -- royewest
Headroom Ultra Micro DAC -- royewest

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 26
OOOO. You have no idea how tempting this is for me since I missed the last bay area meet. My apartment is decent size though it might be better to grab a room in Dwinnelle or VLSB. I have a club so I would be able to schedule 3-4 hours in a small classroom if anyone is interested.

Btw am I qualified for Team Berkeley.

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 26
Where's granodemostasa, humanflyz, and daba? I believe they were involved with a lot of the Berkeley meets, right?

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 26
Might want to pm them? I don't know how often people generally check the meets forum.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 26
Well, we have 4. I sent PMs to granodemostasa, humanflyz, and daba to see if they were interested or could help. What gear could everybody bring?

TDRKZ - Unless granodemostasa, humanflyz, or daba could help, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to reserve a room. I recall that there was an actual Berkeley Head-Fi club made by someone on the boards for the purpose of reserving rooms.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #9 of 26
all of us graduated actually, and only Jocelyn is left in town (kitaoji), good luck on the future of berkeley-fi

Aug 25, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #10 of 26
How many people do we need for a mini-meet to be worthwhile? Getting a room will be really easy I promise. We just need to decide on a date.

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 26
I think we have enough people for a mini-meet to be worthwhile, but of course the more the merrier.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #12 of 26
Ok school starts wednesday. I'd say how about some time during the 3rd or 4th week. Should we schedule it during the weekend or weekday?

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok school starts wednesday. I'd say how about some time during the 3rd or 4th week. Should we schedule it during the weekend or weekday?

I think it'd be easier for everyone to do it on the weekend (Sunday?), but I don't have any class on Mondays or Fridays so I could probably do it on one of those days as well. We should see when we'll have our midterms or big essays/projects first, though.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #15 of 26
Would you be able to do it in the afternoon, royewest (for those of us that aren't morning people
smily_headphones1.gif
)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back