Beresford TC-7510 OR ZERO DAC
May 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ciphercomplete

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard both of these? Couldn't find a single post comparing the two on the message board. I know both units have alot of owners.

I am leaning toward the TC-7510 mainly because it has two sets of analog outputs. Plus it looks cool
icon10.gif

May 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Depends on what your looking for, I choose the Zero because it also has a really good amp, especially with some new opamps.

May 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 9
i ended up choosing the beresford, but i really dont know whitch one is best. :p
to many "fanboys" and giantkiller rumors to take any reviews seriously.
quite happy with it though
wink.gif

May 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 9
I have both.

If you are just looking for the Dac part I don’t find that much different between the both.
Having said that, I do like the Zero more because it’s more dynamic than the Beresford.
Now, I can only tell because I have them both connected to the same Amp (LD Mk V) so I could answer your question.
Also I have the OPA 627BP’s in the Zero Dac , they are a big improvement over the stock opamps.
I don’t think the Beresford is a bad amp at all, but I find the Zero to be slightly better.

For the Amp part however it’s a totally different story. The Zero is way better than the Beresford IMO.
The Zero drives my K701’s much better more detail, soundstage and tighter bass.
But normally I don’t use the Amp section on both, so I don’t really care much about that.

My absolute favorite combination at the moment is the Zero->LD MK III->K701.

May 7, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 9
Well in case of only a dac, your poll was succesfull, because they are pretty much equal.

May 9, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 9
I would throw the Keces into the poll as well.

May 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back