Beoplay (B&O) H7's announced
Dec 3, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #46 of 94
  Disappointing that the H7's seem to lack sound quality its so hard to find a good blueooth set of cans my search continues.   

Have you heard Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless? IMO, they're pretty much the best wireless headphones I have ever heard. I'd rank them much higher in sound quality than H8, H7, or even Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless. I would also recommend checking out Master & Dynamic MW60, although I haven't heard them I believe they'd be pretty solid pair of headphones.

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #47 of 94
  It's pretty early in the game and the audiophile cans are just getting started. I think we can only expect to see better offerings and cost to sound ratio as the demand for better sounding wireless cans continues. 

I know, just difficult for someone looking for a good pair of over ear wireless can right now, I feel like every option out there has drawbacks (which is kinda a given in the wireless world) I just really want to find a set that sound good and because I am going to be using what ever I get on my daily commute on a crowded train I really do want wireless.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #48 of 94

Have you heard Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless? IMO, they're pretty much the best wireless headphones I have ever heard. I'd rank them much higher in sound quality than H8, H7, or even Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless. I would also recommend checking out Master & Dynamic MW60, although I haven't heard them I believe they'd be pretty solid pair of headphones.

I did consider the P5's however I am really searching for an over ear model versus an on ear, and I also checked out the MW60's just they look a tad bulky for what I want to use them for. Thats what I liked about the H7 design they struck a nice balance of looking like a fairly low profile but still over the ear set of cans.  

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #49 of 94
  I did consider the P5's however I am really searching for an over ear model versus an on ear, and I also checked out the MW60's just they look a tad bulky for what I want to use them for. Thats what I liked about the H7 design they struck a nice balance of looking like a fairly low profile but still over the ear set of cans.  

Have you tried/ heard of the Definitive Tech Symphony 1? I heard they have some redeeming qualities, although I've never tried them myself. Also, I'm kinda tempted to hooking an mPow bluetooth adapter to my H6 and somehow hooking them on to the cups so they don't jut out. I'm sure it'll look really weird, but hey.. I think the adapter is 20 bucks and if your source is good, there shouldn't be too much loss in quality.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #50 of 94
Has anyone compared the BeoPlay H7 to the Momentum Wireless? I really enjoyed the Momentum for EDM, Chillstep and Trance, but I hated the headband. I’d like to know how the BeoPlay H7 compares.

Most important is comfort, however. How comfortable is the BeoPlay H7 to wear.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #51 of 94
Has anyone compared the BeoPlay H7 to the Momentum Wireless? I really enjoyed the Momentum for EDM, Chillstep and Trance, but I hated the headband. I’d like to know how the BeoPlay H7 compares.

Most important is comfort, however. How comfortable is the BeoPlay H7 to wear.

Like the best ******** pillows around your ear; even better than the H6. Headband padding is again like the H6, close to non existent but the ear pads take all the pressure off the top of your head.

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #52 of 94
  Like the best ******** pillows around your ear; even better than the H6. Headband padding is again like the H6, close to non existent but the ear pads take all the pressure off the top of your head.

Well, as long as they didn't go the route of Sennheiser "let's use a belt as a headband route" and it's comfortable. I mainly use IEM's because I have a sensitive top of the head and I wear glasses. Would you say it sounds "better" thant he Sennhsier Momentum Wireless especially for EDM? How about the Midrange for movies and gaming and such. How would you describe the treble?

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #53 of 94
  Well, as long as they didn't go the route of Sennheiser "let's use a belt as a headband route" and it's comfortable. I mainly use IEM's because I have a sensitive top of the head and I wear glasses. Would you say it sounds "better" thant he Sennhsier Momentum Wireless especially for EDM? How about the Midrange for movies and gaming and such. How would you describe the treble?

My experiences with the H7 were only at the store with my S6 and the store's iPad. So I haven't actually tested them out for movies, gaming etc. I also, unfortunately haven't heard the Momentum wireless. l've heard the wired Momentum M2s, which to my ears were boomy, and clearly lacked in mid and upper range. I liked the H7 wired (though not as much as the H6, as you can tell from my previous posts); the mids were a tad recessed and the treble lacked a little sparkle, but they sounded better than the wired M2s. DeadMau5 sounded pretty damn good on them. Wireless however, the H7 just didn't get loud enough for me and I couldn't even tell if they sounded good; they were just thin. So if you're going to use them wired, go for it. Wireless though, I'd say try it out before you take the plunge.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #54 of 94

Also, are you set on wireless? If so, the Master and Dynamic MW60 just came out and it boasts a really good bluetooth range (150 ft!) and Master and Dynamic claim it has the same sound signature as the wired MH40. Having heard the MH40, it sounds quite dynamic and fun to listen to, but definitely not balanced in any way and sounded like they had extended low and high end. The mids definitely suffered, but they sound like they would work well for you given your interests (again EDM sounds great on them). They're quite comfortable too, albeit a little heavy owing to their choice of materials (all leather and metal). A few words of caution though - they are sealed headphones and it is paramount to make a good seal around your ears, so they won't be great if you wear glasses. Also, they cost more than your average mid-fi bluetooth headphones - $550.

If you aren't set on wireless, think of the wired MH40 or the Oppo PM-3. They're both more in line with your interests IMHO.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #55 of 94
  Also, are you set on wireless? If so, the Master and Dynamic MW60 just came out and it boasts a really good bluetooth range (150 ft!) and Master and Dynamic claim it has the same sound signature as the wired MH40. Having heard the MH40, it sounds quite dynamic and fun to listen to, but definitely not balanced in any way and sounded like they had extended low and high end. The mids definitely suffered, but they sound like they would work well for you given your interests (again EDM sounds great on them). They're quite comfortable too, albeit a little heavy owing to their choice of materials (all leather and metal). A few words of caution though - they are sealed headphones and it is paramount to make a good seal around your ears, so they won't be great if you wear glasses. Also, they cost more than your average mid-fi bluetooth headphones - $550.

If you aren't set on wireless, think of the wired MH40 or the Oppo PM-3. They're both more in line with your interests IMHO.

Thank you for the advice. I use the The Sony SRS-X9 wireless speaker wired through USB to my PC with J.River Media Center if I really want to rock out and wake the neighbors. I use the wireless Jaybird X2 as my wireless IEM on the go. I use the Phillips Fidelio S2 with Comply Comfort tips with Roku 3 (2015) remote for private listening. I was looking into a bluetooth headphone for nighttime listening. I really can't justify being tethered to a wired headphone, whether it's open or closed, when I have the SRS-X9 to rock out to. I'm just looking at wireless headphone options when I want to rock out at night in my home.

I tried the Bang & Olufsen H7 today at my local Bang & Oulfsen store and I liked it a lot. The earpads were super cushy and didn't interfere with my glasses and the headband did not cause discomfort to my scalp. I also liked that the the battery can be manually turned off and replaced. The bluetlooth sounds great and has more than enough volume for me. I was really surprised how good it sounded. Will be getting one when money comes in January or February.

Thanks again for the insight.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #56 of 94
  Thank you for the advice. I use the The Sony SRS-X9 wireless speaker wired through USB to my PC with J.River Media Center if I really want to rock out and wake the neighbors. I use the wireless Jaybird X2 as my wireless IEM on the go. I use the Phillips Fidelio S2 with Comply Comfort tips with Roku 3 (2015) remote for private listening. I was looking into a bluetooth headphone for nighttime listening. I really can't justify being tethered to a wired headphone, whether it's open or closed, when I have the SRS-X9 to rock out to. I'm just looking at wireless headphone options when I want to rock out at night in my home.

I tried the Bang & Olufsen H7 today at my local Bang & Oulfsen store and I liked it a lot. The earpads were super cushy and didn't interfere with my glasses and the headband did not cause discomfort to my scalp. I also liked that the the battery can be manually turned off and replaced. The bluetlooth sounds great and has more than enough volume for me. I was really surprised how good it sounded. Will be getting one when money comes in January or February.

Thanks again for the insight.

Awesome sauce! Good deal, lubczyk. What's your source? I'm curious because the H7 wireless did sound louder on an iPad vs. the Samsung Galaxy...

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #58 of 94
I got these two days ago to replace my Beats Studio Wireless for my iPhone 6S Plus. The audio sounds really balanced and high fidelity, it's great detail to the sound and it feels really laid-back.

I got these as they are pretty much the only high-end bluetooth headphones out there that do support AAC for iOS devices. Why companies like Sennheiser and others only support aptx and not AAC is beyond me when they know that there are no other high-end phone on the market remotely close to the sales numbers of iPhones and I highly doubt that people who purchase mid to low-end Android phones would ever consider headphones in the high-end price range.

Did also test out the BeoPlay H8 and to be honest, they don't sound that good to me. I suppose they are rather high-fidelity and fairly detailed as well but those over-tuned bass is really killing it for me. It's funny how the BeoPlay H8 lives more up to the "Beats are ****ty headphones with a lot of bass" than the Beats Studio Wireless ever did. The bluetooth also seemed to have some questionable range and stability as well which I find horrendous considering the price. I did not like the fact that they were on-ear instead of around-ear either. Even though the pillows of the H8 is comfortable as hell you will most likely start to get irritated ears after long use anyway as your ears simply won't enjoy having something pushing onto them for extended periods of time.

I would say that BeoPlay H7 is superior to the BeoPlay H8 in about every way possible. The audio is vastly superior and is not spoiled by over-tuned bass. The bluetooth connectivity seems to have much better range and stability and they are more comfortable due to the around-ear design compared to on-ear of the H8.

There are some drawbacks with the H7 though.. The microphone is a complete joke, it's pretty much useless unless you are sitting in a dead silent environment. The microphone seems to manage to pick up background noises better than my actual voice, which its impressive and quite frankly horrible considering the price of these headphones. It becomes quite clear that B&O simply tossed in the microphone for the sake of having the feature on the box without them ever trying to make it actually useful in any sensible way. But the same goes for the microphone of the H8 so it seems like this is something B&O is doing on purpose.

Another drawback is the lack of active noise cancellation. I don't mind not having it, as I tend to not enjoy the feeling you normally get from using active noise cancellation and most headphones tend to behave fussy at times if you are moving while having such a feature active. But the passive noise cancellation is not that great with the H7. One would figure as they are around-ear, they should be rather capable of cancelling some noise but the pillows don't really provide a good seal around your ears so noise are leaking in quite easily. It seems like B&O have been afraid of them not being comfortable so they have made sure that the pillows don't push hard on your ears at all, thus making them not making a good seal at all. Good in terms of comfort, not that great when it's the only kind of isolation they've got.

This problem becomes even greater when you take into account the next drawback.. These don't play that loud, at least not using bluetooth to my iPhone 6S Plus. The combination of lacklustre passive cancellation and the fact that they don't go that loud makes it so that they are somewhat less usable on the bus between home and work compared to my Beats Studio Wireless.

And one last thing I'm afraid of is the leather on the band of the headphone. As I tend to use them when I commute they might get somewhat wet due to a little snow fall or small amount of rain. This was never an issue with the Beats as they are made out of plastic, but with these I'm afraid the leather will turn really nasty after a short while as leather tend to colour when exposed to water.

But after all I think B&O have done a great job with these. If they could replace the dreadful microphone and give them active noise cancellation like the H8 they would have knocked it right out of the park. Why they decided to not include active noise cancellation is really beyond me. Seems like a horrible decision, one they must have made just to continue to have the H8 as a "higher-end" edition compared to the H7 for some stupid reason.

The only pair of bluetooth headphones that can match these would be the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (v2), it's only sad that Sennheiser decided to really cripple those with the lack of AAC....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back