Beoplay (B&O) H7's announced
Oct 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 94

Have you tried the H7s with the cable and compared them to the H6?

I'm very interested in the comparison myself. I really, really hope the H7 has similar/comparable mids and treble sparkle, but based on what I'm reading, I doubt that'll happen. Ubjuris, any idea how the H8/H7 compare to the Oppo PM-3 or the P7?

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 94
  I'm very interested in the comparison myself. I really, really hope the H7 has similar/comparable mids and treble sparkle, but based on what I'm reading, I doubt that'll happen. Ubjuris, any idea how the H8/H7 compare to the Oppo PM-3 or the P7?

With apologies, no clue.  I have not had any experience with Oppo's.  

Hopefully someone can do the H6 / H7-corded comparison....

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #19 of 94
I no longer have H6, so I can't do direct comparison. However, no matter how much I wanted to like Beoplay H7, I'm bringing them back to Bang & Olufsen store. Audio keeps clipping when I turn my head to look to the sides before crossing roads and to me it's not acceptable. Also, H7 is still lacking too much in treble sparkle and mid range.

Finally, software wise H7 seem like unfinished product so far. Whereas it's effortless to switch source of which B&W P5 Wireless is playing, e.g. from iPhone to Macbook Pro, or from Macbook Pro to Apple Watch, when I try to switch sources for H7 I need to restart headphones or manually disconnect from source in order to be able to start listening from an another source.

However, for someone looking for wireless headphones with good bass and better than average comfort, H7 is definitely worth a shot. I feel like H7 could be best compared to V-Moda's new wireless headphones, which I haven't heard myself though.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #20 of 94
  I no longer have H6, so I can't do direct comparison. However, no matter how much I wanted to like Beoplay H7, I'm bringing them back to Bang & Olufsen store. Audio keeps clipping when I turn my head to look to the sides before crossing roads and to me it's not acceptable. Also, H7 is still lacking too much in treble sparkle and mid range.

Finally, software wise H7 seem like unfinished product so far. Whereas it's effortless to switch source of which B&W P5 Wireless is playing, e.g. from iPhone to Macbook Pro, or from Macbook Pro to Apple Watch, when I try to switch sources for H7 I need to restart headphones or manually disconnect from source in order to be able to start listening from an another source.

However, for someone looking for wireless headphones with good bass and better than average comfort, H7 is definitely worth a shot. I feel like H7 could be best compared to V-Moda's new wireless headphones, which I haven't heard myself though.

You're breaking my heart..... 

Seems like the takeaway is stay away from B&O bluetooth.  I can dig you on the switching issue, I'm assuming the B&W has multipoint?

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 94
I'm not sure of multipoint, I don't think B&W is actually connected to more than one device at once, but for example if I'm listening on my Macbook Pro but want to switch source to be Apple Watch instead, then I just choose Apple Watch to connect to P5 Wireless and it will. H7 would remain stuck connected to Macbook Pro and connection attempt from Apple Watch would fail. Sometimes H7 wouldn't connect to other device without restarting the headphones even if I walk outside from the range of whichever device I was using first. It's not a big deal, but inconvenient for sure if you're using multiple devices to play music.

Also something that H7 is superior to P5W are games and movies. Soundstage really helps to bring sound effects to life. Some other B&O bluetooth products are excellent as well. For instance it's very hard to beat Beolit 15 in semi portable speakers category.

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #22 of 94
I'm not sure of multipoint, I don't think B&W is actually connected to more than one device at once, but for example if I'm listening on my Macbook Pro but want to switch source to be Apple Watch instead, then I just choose Apple Watch to connect to P5 Wireless and it will. H7 would remain stuck connected to Macbook Pro and connection attempt from Apple Watch would fail. Sometimes H7 wouldn't connect to other device without restarting the headphones even if I walk outside from the range of whichever device I was using first. It's not a big deal, but inconvenient for sure if you're using multiple devices to play music.

Also something that H7 is superior to P5W are games and movies. Soundstage really helps to bring sound effects to life. Some other B&O bluetooth products are excellent as well. For instance it's very hard to beat Beolit 15 in semi portable speakers category.

Multipoint is being able to connect to multiple devices at once.  I can see your frustration with switching there.

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #25 of 94
These sound from what you say in looks, build quality, comfort and usability a dream, but I'm confused as to how good they sound lol. I've never had the chance to try any B&O headphones, so have nothing to compare.

I really like the fact that you mentioned if you scuff them up, they'll look great. I think currently they're out of my price range but it's one to aim for if the wifi/BT is constant, battery is long living plus the rest and then to find the sound is perfect.

Thanks for posting about.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #26 of 94
Hello.

I own all of them H6 H7 H8, in different color editions.
The H8 is the big sound-looser here, too boomy and artificial.
The H6 has the very best sound stage an is a great closed headphone!
H7 is hybrid-sound, like H8 and H6 perfectly mixed together.
The sound is the most living, not so neutral like the H6.

The H7 is way better than the H8, close to the H6 with wireless feature!
A perfect mobile headphone.

I will sell the H8 soon, no need for it after the H7 sounds much better.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #27 of 94
Hello.

I own all of them H6 H7 H8, in different color editions.
The H8 is the big sound-looser here, too boomy and artificial.
The H6 has the very best sound stage an is a great closed headphone!
H7 is hybrid-sound, like H8 and H6 perfectly mixed together.
The sound is the most living, not so neutral like the H6.

The H7 is way better than the H8, close to the H6 with wireless feature!
A perfect mobile headphone.

I will sell the H8 soon, no need for it after the H7 sounds much better.

That's great feedback, after being able to have all 3 to compare at the same time using the same components. By the way, what components did you use to test them and what music & quality did you play?

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 94
Hello puworld

I use all of them wired with my loved iBasso HiRes Audio Player. 128GB Cards.
This way i keep my HiFi Chain mobile when using headphones.
All WAV-Files from original Audio CD. Some Apple Datas from iTunes Shop.
Settings Medium or High Gain, Equalizer normally off, sometimes i like to push Bass
for the H6 (Electro, Techo, RnB). Classic/Jazz/Rock but Metall only some Ballades.
I listen all kind of music.

For bluetooth i use the iPhone 6 with Spotify Hi-Q Setting.
Sometimes the iphone 6+ wired.
The ibasso sounds much better, more details, soundstage, bass-quality.
I never tried Ultra HiRes Files like SACD.

What i hate with all 3 B&Os is the cable sound, every movement is
directed to the cans unfiltered.
The best quality ist the combination of the H6 with the iBasso.
The best mobile is the H7, the H8's ANC is efficent but kills lot of the sound quality!

The one i will sell now is the H8!

Greetings from cologne germany

Ingo

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #29 of 94
Hello puworld

Settings Medium or High Gain, Equalizer normally off, sometimes i like to push Bass
for the H6 (Electro, Techo, RnB). Classic/Jazz/Rock but Metall only some Ballades.

The best mobile is the H7, the H8's ANC is efficent but kills lot of the sound quality!

Ingo

Thanks for all the info - it helps :)

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #30 of 94
Hello puworld

Ingo

Hi Ingo - Thanks a lot for the post and comparison. I'm curious about how the mids and highs on the H7 compare with the H6? As we will all agree, after the soundstage, the best qualities of the H6 are the forward mids and the sparkly highs. I'm wondering how much of that is changed on the H7 (wired and wireless), especially when you use it with a smartphone un-amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back