Bent: Programmed for Love
Sep 16, 2002 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mlchang

100+ Head-Fier
The thread about electronica prompted me to post about this album...

A it's kind of a laid back groovy electronica CD. Some people have been calling it ambient but I definitely wouldn't file it with the likes of Aphex Twin's ambient works. It's definitely a "chill-out" CD.

It's more like a happier DJ shadow or a groovier lemonjelly. Some lush arrangements on a few tracks. Also some interesting vocoder vocal tracks. The two straight up vocal tracks feature a very nice female vocal. A very sexy voice, but also quite emotional. Excellent match with the lyrics and overall arrangement of the tracks. The group (duo) manages to generate some good "soundscapes" I guess you could call them. Perhaps this will be damning them, but one of their tracks was used in a VW commercial. Keep in mind that VW have also used hooverphonic and the ORB so maybe it's not that bad.

I don't rate CDs or anything. But this is an album that I imagine I will listen to many times over. Just thought I would throw it out there for some electronica fans. I think that some of you will like it, but the only way to ever know is to try it I guess.

Michael

Sep 18, 2002 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 3
This album is imho definitely worth buying if you are into this type of music - laid back electronica, as Michael correctly points out, even sort of dreamy ambient-ish at places.

As a crude rule-of-thumb for judging whether you'll like this album, try listening to the band's 'Always' track (get it from a p2p network). If you like it then chances are you'll also like the album.

Let's just hope that their next one is not far down the road..
smily_headphones1.gif

Filimon

Sep 18, 2002 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the recommendation. After further review, this is going on my to-buy list.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back