bent plug and Jack replcement?
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Martee

New Head-Fier
Okay so. I bought a lumia 900 (nice phone) about half a year ago. It fell on the corner with the heaphone Jack. I would plug My ATH M50 directly into the jack. Not sure if I stepped on the plug or it just bent plugging it in there, but the plug got bent too. So I replaced my headphone plug with that golden replacement plug at Radioshack with the screws. It's not as loud as it used to be. is the plug's quality important too?
Also, I haven't fully stuck the plug into the phone since the jack is bent. I push it further down and all I can hear is the right driver so I don't think I'll hear both if I jam it all the way in (don't wanna bend this plug either).
I'm gonna replace my phone's rear housing assembly since I can't just replace the jack. Just wondering what's the best plug replacement just in case changing the housing isn't the solution.

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Okay so. I bought a lumia 900 (nice phone) about half a year ago. It fell on the corner with the heaphone Jack. I would plug My ATH M50 directly into the jack. Not sure if I stepped on the plug or it just bent plugging it in there, but the plug got bent too. So I replaced my headphone plug with that golden replacement plug at Radioshack with the screws. It's not as loud as it used to be. is the plug's quality important too?
Also, I haven't fully stuck the plug into the phone since the jack is bent. I push it further down and all I can hear is the right driver so I don't think I'll hear both if I jam it all the way in (don't wanna bend this plug either).
I'm gonna replace my phone's rear housing assembly since I can't just replace the jack. Just wondering what's the best plug replacement just in case changing the housing isn't the solution.

Cheapest good quality plug would be a Neutrik Rean plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back