Benchmark HPA4 Headphone / Line Amplifier Impressions
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #856 of 1,410
Yes I know. But in all fairness, how much does it cost ? Am getting the HPA-4 as well. But how much does it cost.....So how much does it cost ?
honestly, the price of a car :)

honestly, our second car costs less them the susvara and the amp that i am considering buying for it

and that’s ok.

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #857 of 1,410
I foresee "but how much does it cost" to become a meme.

Sep 27, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #859 of 1,410
Am not interested on how you save to invest or where do you earn or afford. Am just respectfully asked how much does the entire system cost you !
No crap, most of us drive a dependable old far and mostly listen to music. So how much does it cost ?

The internet is your friend. All the prices that you say you do not know about are posted here.

https://benchmarkmedia.com/

Here is a used model for sale.
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649657491-benchmark-media-systems-ahb2-stereo-amplifier/

See the internet is very useful.

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #860 of 1,410
The internet is your friend. All the prices that you say you do not know about are posted here.

https://benchmarkmedia.com/

Here is a used model for sale.
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649657491-benchmark-media-systems-ahb2-stereo-amplifier/

See the internet is very useful.
Yes but sometimes its different when a person purchase that particular item at various time/event/strength of currency. Could be website direct or authorized dealer? Thats why i want to know how much he spent as well as the headphones.

Sep 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #861 of 1,410
Yes but sometimes its different when a person purchase that particular item at various time/event/strength of currency. Could be website direct or authorized dealer? Thats why i want to know how much he spent as well as the headphones.

Well it is a personal question and he clearly does not want to answer (nor would I), so do your own research.

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #863 of 1,410
Well am asking him personally. I know its a price of car but how much in total ?

1601245302708.png

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #865 of 1,410
Ferrari...
But in all seriousness am asking it.
You’re not an audiophile if you haven’t outspent the value of your car.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #866 of 1,410
You’re not an audiophile if you haven’t outspent the value of your car.
Seems like a poor measuring stick. Pretty sure that spending more on audio equipment than on my 28-year-old car doesn't qualify me :)

Oct 1, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #867 of 1,410
For the record, I was joking... I appreciate that people prioritize their funds in ways that bring them the most satisfaction. No judging from me.

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #868 of 1,410
I listened to the hpa4 with my msb analog dac and quad era 1 headphones and while it technically sound clean and epic at times i was not that impressed, thought something was missing, maybe the dac or the amp were not warm enough (didnt test it at home). Can someone recommend some other amp tube or solid state that is at the same level ?

Oct 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #869 of 1,410
I listened to the hpa4 with my msb analog dac and quad era 1 headphones and while it technically sound clean and epic at times i was not that impressed, thought something was missing, maybe the dac or the amp were not warm enough (didnt test it at home). Can someone recommend some other amp tube or solid state that is at the same level ?

Wouldn't it be better to get a warmer headphone amp instead of the HPA4. I had the Bryston BHA-1 and the HPA4 at the same time. The BHA-1 was much warmer but not my sound preference so I sold it.

If I win the lottery, I am curious how the new Luxman D-10x SACD/DAC will sound with the HPA4. Luxman uses a new chip that is supposed to be warm and detailed at the same time. The spec are amazing on it. Luxman also is supposed to be releasing some standalone DACs using the same chip. Audiophiliac did a video review of it recently.

Oct 8, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #870 of 1,410
... while it technically sound clean and epic at times i was not that impressed, thought something was missing, maybe the dac or the amp were not warm enough...

So you heard the Benchmark doing exactly what it's designed to do, provide an unaffected sound.

Can someone recommend some other amp tube or solid state that is at the same level ?

I would highly recommend the Quicksilver Audio headphone amp. Another SS amp to consider is the Little Labs Monotor. Both are extremely dynamic, quiet and will easily power any HP irregardless of impedance. If you want the warmth the Pathos Acoustics Aurium is a hybrid tube / mosfet that's highly respected.

This is the shelf below my Benchmark system. The Benchmark DAC3 allows a digital pass-through so I run that to the Cranesong and to these amps or I can take the second analog out of the HPA4 to the Pathos which has 2 pass-throughs to feed the other HP amps. It all depends on whether I'm tracking, mixing or mastering.

4amps.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back