Benchmark DAC-1 vs Cambridge Audio or Arcam
Jul 24, 2004 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drpje

New Head-Fier
I am in the market for a new CD player. I currently own a Denon DVD-2800 universal player. I have read a lot of good comments on the Benchmark DAC-1. I have also read a lot of good comments on the Arcam 73T and Cambridge Audio 640C CD players. My other option would be the Marantz DV 8400 or new DV 9500 universal players or the Denon 2900 or newer 2910 or 3910 universal players. I have a large collection of redbook CD's but plan to purchase SACD and DVD-audio discs. The universal players will cost more money but will enable me to use the player for a lot more formats. All of the above mentioned choices are in my price range.
The deciding factor will be the sound quality. I do not have access to compare the units but maybe someone here has listened to some and might be able to help me out. I am really impressed with this forum. Over at audioasylum they are more interested in exotic expensive gear. Thanks for all the good posts.

Jul 24, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 3
I've not heard any of the players / DACs you mention, but I'd be very surprised indeed if the Benchmark did not sound better than the Cambride/Arcam players you mention.

Those CD players are nothing more than budget CD players. The Benchmark is more expensive, and is only a DAC, so no transport to pay for.

Not much help I know, but consider it a free bump
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back