Benchmark DAC-1 PRE 2.1 Output Question
Nov 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bmac

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

I came across a good deal on a Benchmark DAC-1 PRE that I'm going to look at tonight and most likely buy for use with my PC. Currently I am using the analog outs of a Xonar STX to an Anthem TLP-1 Preamp/Tuner to some active monitors and a sub.

My current preamp has a sub-out, so connecting the sub is straight forward. I would like to buy the Benchmark, sell the Anthem and use the Benchmark as my pre-amp.

My question is this; can I use the balanced outputs to go to the monitors and the single-ended outs to hook up the sub at the same time? Will I run into any problems with this setup?

Thanks for the help.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Head-Fi,

I came across a good deal on a Benchmark DAC-1 PRE that I'm going to look at tonight and most likely buy for use with my PC. Currently I am using the analog outs of a Xonar STX to an Anthem TLP-1 Preamp/Tuner to some active monitors and a sub.

My current preamp has a sub-out, so connecting the sub is straight forward. I would like to buy the Benchmark, sell the Anthem and use the Benchmark as my pre-amp.

My question is this; can I use the balanced outputs to go to the monitors and the single-ended outs to hook up the sub at the same time? Will I run into any problems with this setup?

Thanks for the help.

You might want to post in the following thread or just give them a call.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/be.../index183.html

Your question has been discussed there before. I use both outputs, RCA out to my poweramps; XLR to an other preamp. It works but if your pre amp has not got an XLR input you will need a special cable which they sell at Benchmark. I suggest you give them a call. They are really helpful.

Paul

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the link, I searched the thread and found the answer I was looking for:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/be...ml#post4183297

8 hours from now I should be the happy new owner of a DAC-1 PRE!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back