Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

discombob

100+ Head-Fier

> Bellingham Summer Solstice meet

WHEN:  Saturday, June 18 2016, 10am - 5pm

WHERE: WECU Holly Ed Center
                 511 E Holly St, Bellingham, WA 98225 (downtown)     map link

1. Setup / Cleanup:  There should be 12 folding tables and 60 chairs in 1600 square feet for listening stations.  8 x 2-port power outlets (16 plugs).  The doors open at 10am so feel free to come at this time to set up.  Please start cleaning up by 5:00 pm so we can head over to the aftermeet by 5:30.
  1. Parking: Free all around the building itself (31 spaces), with lots of overflow parking kiddy corner across the street.
  1. Pre-meet breakfast idea: Mount Bakery (10 blocks away).  Incredible french and belgian recipes.
  2. Post-meet brew ha-ha: Aslan Brewery (4 blocks!); good food here, too.

Room Etiquette:
We will all be in one space so please use a 'moderate' voice so that people can do critical listening.  Maybe bring some sort of paper, card or placard with your name or your Head-Fi name on it so your rig can be identified if you step away.  This will also assist people to find who you are if they would like to ask permission to try your equipment.

Generally, gear is setup to be shared, so people should be able to try it out when it's available.  That shouldn't go for moving / re-configuring anything, though.  If you would like to borrow a headphone or swap DACs, track down the owner.

Careful:

Ultimately, you're a responsible person who will work with others to watch over the goods.  Generally speaking, there will be mostly genuine Head-Fi members who came to look into equipment upgrades, research, etc. who would never dream of doing anything to jeopardize their standing in the community, so please be respectful and let's make the ears buzz!  :)

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1193898670627950/

Running list of gear and visitors (tentative):

@discombob
  Grado PS500e
  Grace m9xx (massdrop)

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 51
hello,

MrsForBin has been bugging me to spend a weekend in Bellingham so we are in!

we will bring our typical mid-fi crap:

Schitt Lyr 2 (with electro-harmonix Gold Lion 6922 glass)
Schitt Bimby
(these two boxes have been powered on [except for black outs] for the month they've been in the house.)
Schitt Asgard 2
Schitt Bifrost 4490
(MrsForBin turns things off at night.)
MrsForBin's ThinkPad as source (Apple LossLess, JRiver, WASAPI) with any luck i will be able to figure out how to get the two Schitt stacks to play nice with it.

AKG K550
AKG/Massdrop K7XX
NAD Viso HP50
Phillips Fidelio X2/27

if there is any interest, we could also bring our portable gear:

iPod 7th gen Classics
JDS Labs C5 amp
Sony Walkman NWZA17. i like it quite a bit, but think its needs an external amp due to its wonky output impedance.
Sennheiser HD25
V-Moda M 80 (if one of the kidlins let's us.)
v_Moda XS

we will be driving up from Slaughter County, and i'm looking forward to meeting fellow fanatics in the far north!

cheers!

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 51
I will try my best to make it to this one.

May 12, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 51
Any more updates on this? Perhaps lurkers checking in? The thread needs some traction.

I agree... this meet date will be here before we know it.  Let me know if anyone has any questions, but the venue is secured and I'll have the doors open so come on up!

Spring in Bellingham has been one of the best I can remember this year.

May 12, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 51
Seattle Head-fiers crashed Portland, now Bellingham. I do know where to have breakfast in Bellingham. Harris St cafe is still my fav. Would make the trip just for that. Portland represented with VooDoo Doughnuts. What is Bellingham representing with? Do plan to bring a growler or two. S.O.P. Lately my gear has been getting modded. Do have my Cardas power cable upgraded with Oyaide C004 and P004. Silky smooth.

May 12, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 51
  Seattle Head-fiers crashed Portland, now Bellingham. I do know where to have breakfast in Bellingham. Harris St cafe is still my fav. Would make the trip just for that. Portland represented with VooDoo Doughnuts. What is Bellingham representing with? Do plan to bring a growler or two. S.O.P. Lately my gear has been getting modded. Do have my Cardas power cable upgraded with Oyaide C004 and P004. Silky smooth.

Can't wait to have you guys, Gil!  Thanks again for helping me get organized.

Bellingham has some incredible brews here.  That Aslan spot is only two blocks from the meet downtown for convenience, but honestly for just pure nectar Wander Brewing in the Sunnyland area across from the high school just north of downtown is the real favorite local beer spot (food truck / stand only though).  Fortunately, everything here is just a 10 minute drive.  Kulshan K2 is another honorable mention.

May 13, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 51
hello,

MrsForBin and i are gonna be there.

per Nick T and my own (painful experimentation) you can only run one Schitt Stack at a time. :frowning2:

so, it will be: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14, Lyr 2 with electro-harmonix Gold Lion 6922 glass, Bimby and our usual mid-fi purgatory cans.

as an ovo-lacto, i really like the fact that the pub grub i found is friendly to my chosen dietary needs.

with Big Poppa crashing, this will be a blast!

May 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #11 of 51
We plan to come up a couple days early for some paddling and beer hunting. So I'll bring a hot transported Yggy feeding 16/44 rips to my upgraded Woo WA6 to scale up the mid-fi cans everyone on the planet has owned -- DT880 & HD650. If someone brings a K7XX we'll have the complete classic mid-fi trio for some fun listening.

May 29, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 51
Muziqboy, are you gonna make it? Last time we talked, you mentioned Stax, has anything developed on that?
If anyone brings a Stax-able amp, I'll bring my 404LE.

Soundsgoodtome, you need to make this one. I may need to leave early too, since a horrible event (a graduation) has reared its head for that night. Painful! But I still plan to be there -- the 10:00 AM start makes that possible.

May 29, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #13 of 51
Muziqboy, are you gonna make it? Last time we talked, you mentioned Stax, has anything developed on that?
If anyone brings a Stax-able amp, I'll bring my 404LE.

I will be there if nothing comes up between now and then. I will be holding off on the STAX since my audio budget have been blown on something really unique that only a few of us in the Head-Fi community have started to implement in our systems with very favorable results.

I am talking about the RedNet 3 (Audio-Over-Ethernet to SPDIF converter) box. I have finally gotten rid of USB with all the gremlins that comes with it. We believe that this will be the future of computer audio and you will have the chance to hear it at the meet.

May 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 51

I will be there if nothing comes up between now and then. I will be holding off on the STAX since my audio budget have been blown on something really unique that only a few of us in the Head-Fi community have started to implement in our systems with very favorable results.

I am talking about the RedNet 3 (Audio-Over-Ethernet to SPDIF converter) box. I have finally gotten rid of USB with all the gremlins that comes with it. We believe that this will be the future of computer audio and you will have the chance to hear it at the meet.

Very anxious to do that, and see how you're implementing it! Looking online, there is a ton of info from the pro music field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back