Bellari VP530
Oct 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hereatlast

New Head-Fier
Hello,
New user and total beginner here, have been thinking about a new pair of headphones for a while as well as general plans for upgrades in the next year or so. My plans have changed a bit and I've been interested in investing in an entry-level headphone amp as well as a way to digitize my vinyl collection (I'm not interested in digitizing all my records by any means, just particular things worthy of bringing around and compiling for friends). Unfortunately I'll have to put the headphone upgrade off for a while.

The Bellari VP530 was recommended by a friend and seems like a very logical choice in this situation as a phono preamp for both my speakers as well as a small step into the realm of nicer headphone amps. I'm wondering if any one has any thoughts, recommendations or worries about this purchase? Is my money spent elsewhere with a different device (or two)?
My set-up is as follows:

Technic 1200 w/ Shure White Label Cart. > NAD PP1 > Denon AVR-2112CI > Energy Take Classic 5.1 / B&W P5

Obviously everything there is entry-level and in the case of the Denon more tailored for AV than audio. In any case, I do enjoy listening to my records through my P5's plugged into the Denon, but I'd like to take a step towards nicer headphone listening (eliminating the AV receiver for headphone listening).

I know the money I spent on the P5's went to build and aesthetics more than sound quality (and I'm looking forward to a pair of Grado 225's when the time comes) can anyone recommend the Bellari VP530 as a sound headphone amp as a stepping stone purchase in my situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back