Belkin TuneCast II Mobile FM Transmitter
May 10, 2004 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rider

Head-Fier
Hi,
any one using this transmitter in the car? Could pls give some feedback, reviews or reconmend the best way to connect my Nomad Muvo 2 to play in my car. Thanks

May 10, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 9
I took mine back. While driving it wouldn't hold a station well (in the DC area). But when it -did- work it was great. IMHO its better for a staionary radio.

May 21, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 9
I too live in the DC area (Northern Virginia) and wanted to try the TuncCast II before going down the route of buying the Aux port adapter and opening up the dash on my car. All I can say is the sound is not perfect, but it is pretty damn good. Sounds about as good as regular FM. Now if you are a total audiophile it might not be for you, but on my civic stock system it sounds more than acceptable for the $35 it cost. A side not though, if you don't have a player with an EQ you might be really unhappy. I have a Karma and being able to tweak the output for what I am listening too (I listen to a lot of live audience recordings of shows) is a key for me in my review of the tunecast.

Hope that helps.

PS - BTW, for the DC area I am using 88.9 and it is perfect for me all the time.

May 21, 2004 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 9
I used a couple brands of these...and though they sometimes worked, they tended to drift off on me eventually. I felt like I constantly had to tinker with it. The sound also seemed flat even when compared to my cassette deck adaptor.

I ultimately installed a line-in adaptor to my OEM car stereo and haven't looked back since.

May 27, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 9
I am wondering about your praises for the line-in solution: My Creative Muvo 2 is connected to a Sony 7750 car deck via RCA BUT I am nevertheless not really happy with this solution since I have to turn up the volume on the radio to the very max to get out some decent sound. Bad side-effect: the car stereo is running hot like there is no tomorrow... Has anybody else experienced something alike? Maybe the line-outs on devices such as the new Sony HD5 might help out here since they seem to offer more output power?

Hmh I would have hoped that a FM-transmitter could be a solution to get more loudness in the car. But from what I have read so far it seems as if the transmitter would not help me out at all...

Btw: It does not get better using the ipod mini of my girlfriend...

May 27, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #7 of 9
I bought the tunecaster II, it didn't work on any station. It might have been something with my windows being tinted (maybe), but nevertheless, it was returned the next day. A waste of money, in my opinion.

May 27, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 9
JMO but I wouldnt' waste my time or money. Get a cassette adapter instead. Much better sound quality and it's predictable and consistent. My Belkin is only used rarely at home for workouts where the kids boombox is used. Of course, if you're determined to get one, I'll sell you mine.
tongue.gif

May 27, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 9
may i suggest the roadtrip 87.9 by newer technology. I use it in a 28' straight truck (fedex doesn't put tape players in their trucks arghhh!) and it hasn't cut out once. infact if i plug it in while listening to 95.1 that sation gets a bit staticy. Quality is great too. Sounds better than radio, but not at all cd. also used it in my cavalier (just to see how it works) and it worked great. This, by the way, is in the lehigh valley, pa. Right above Philly. It can be found for 17.99, but i forget where i got it. Substantially less than the tunecast anyway. Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back