Belkin Tune Power Battery Backup?
May 18, 2007 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TDFiend

Head-Fier
I have a 80gb ipod and i dont like how quickly the battery dies so i was thinking of getting the belkin tune power battery pack for it. But i was thinking about it and the tune power uses that line out thing at the bottom of the ipod to plug into. so i dont think i would be able to connect an amp and the tune power to the ipod at the same time. what do you all think about battery back up. or is there a better battery i could get at the apple store retail location? so would i somehow be able to have an amp and a battery back up at the same time? what would you reccomend?

thanks alot

May 18, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Don't think you can get both at the same time on a normal iPod, but on an iMod you can charge it and use the headphone (line out now) out to listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was looking at that battery pack also, but it's not really easy to get in Europe except for eBay.

The one I got on back order instead is this one, should get it at the 28th or so.
According to some review I read it can give an extra 55 hours of battery life to a Nano, but that's probably rated through continuous play without manually browsing songs and 128 kbs AAC files.

If it can give me half of that time on an iMod playing lossless, then I think it's well worth the price.
Also, even if you can't use the dock connector for music while charging, it should charge up your iPod in ~2 hrs to 75%+, and you can use the iPod after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back