Bel Canto Dac 2 Review, Soundstage
Aug 2, 2002 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
New review just posted at Soundstage for Dac 2, takes an already great Dac to the next level, awarded:
Soundstage Reviewers Choice 2002
I think Jude's experiences are very similar, looks like my Dac 1.1
will soon be a Dac 2.
cool.gif

Bel Canto Dac 2

Aug 2, 2002 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 8
It sounds like a great DAC, but the money they want for an upgrade is just too much. It's easier just to buy a new one. Maybe that's why they priced it like that so most people would just buy a new one.

Aug 2, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Ok, so where can you buy one of these jewels for $1,300?
confused.gif

I bet if you wait @6 months you can get for under 1k used at Audiogon, or you can buy direct from BC but you pay full retail so as not to upset their dealers. Best to e-mail or call BC (info at end of review) and locate dealer near you and see if you can get some discount off retail if you want to buy new.

I bought mine used at Audiogon.

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
New review just posted at Soundstage for Dac 2, takes an already great Dac to the next level, awarded:
Soundstage Reviewers Choice 2002
I think Jude's experiences are very similar, looks like my Dac 1.1
will soon be a Dac 2.
cool.gif

Bel Canto Dac 2

they can just upgrade the parts of your DAC or will you have to sell yours and get a all new one?

Aug 3, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 8
KR
I can send my Dac 1.1 in and get new boards installed to ugrade to Dac 2 for $700.........but I would not have a dac for a couple weeks.
frown.gif

This means I would have to use the Dac inside the Musical Fidelity A3 CDP till I got back my upgraded Dac 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back