Being single sucks...
Nov 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #16 of 179
Hehe exactly... Ill just cuddle up to my Ultrasones and AKGs, at least they dont drink excessively or put me down. LOL

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 179
I think the most important thing while you're in a relationship is to have your own individual lives and interests as much as possible. If you spend every second with your significant other, you become too attached and breaking up will become even more painful. I just had to learn it the hard way. >.< Music is definitely one of my main distractions. Getting lost in the music just melts the worries away.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #18 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe exactly... Ill just cuddle up to my Ultrasones and AKGs, at least they dont drink excessively or put me down. LOL

i reckon the k70x series are one the best lookin' cans around. i'm jealous cos' I want my own! =(

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #20 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow not only is there a girl here but she just said she's single ... how many PMs did you get
dt880smile.png

Im a guy
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #23 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As desolately lonely as it is to be by yourself, it is a scorching, soul-withering hell to be in a bad relationship and effectively miserable and alone. The really bad relationships with bad people are difficult to get out of if you've been together a long time. The really bad relationships with good but profoundly mixed-up people are even harder to leave.

I spent a huge portion of the last twelve months getting extricated from a serious three-year relationship with a wonderful person who'd somehow managed to get herself completely stuck in life. I still care a great deal for her, but I wouldn't go back. It's lousy being by yourself, and when the apartment's a shambles, and the money's run out ten days before payday, there's nobody to yell at besides yourself. But it's a twenty-four carat delight to know that, though you've got lots of problems, dealing with somebody else's problems isn't one of them.

Great post/advice - and all true

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #24 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. Definitely do not seek a rebound relationship. I've been single for over a year now after being in a longer than 2 year relationship that was getting serious. I remember longing for company and never fully getting over her for several months. Now? I couldn't enjoy life more. I have so much free time to hang out with friend, meet new people, enjoy life without attachments, save money(Not really happening by being here on head-fi
tongue.gif
). And I see you're from California too. imho, residents of California are really materialistically driven. Guys and girls are included in this category. It's all about money and looks rather than personality and a sense of humor. It's really hard to find a "normal" person. haha I guess it could be worse here since it's the Los Angeles area. But there's a lot of fish in the sea. Don't give up and don't rush it. When you find the right person you'll know it right away.

btw, I also happen to be 25 as well. Is that some kind of magic number around here?
wink.gif

Excuse me but you are stereotyping. Not everybody is like that. there is good and bad wherever you go. I love CA and know some wonderful individuals around here.
smile.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #28 of 179
Chin up young man. 25 is prime time. The last thing I would do is feel forlorn over dating status at such an age, unless you live with your parents, practice poor hygiene, are painfully shy, or emotionally maladjusted in some way - of which two of those are easily correctable with good old fashioned can do spirit.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #29 of 179
Do not worry. I am sure your Mr. Right will turn up some day.
In the meantime enjoy the life as a single. Free to do whatever you want whenever you want, without anyone else interfering.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #30 of 179
the whole thing sucks, I would just love to find the perfect partner and for everything to be simple and happy - it seems everyone else around me has no problems doing this but me..oh no.
I broke up with a long term gf a year ago (4 years and one kid later), well she left me for another guy, I wasn't too upset, our relationship seriously broke down towards the end and we barely spoke even though we lived together etc. it was hell, and when she left I was upset for umm about a day then I felt like a weight off my shoulders. We remained 'friends' though, mainly for our son, and I didn't have anywhere to live so I stayed there for 5 months. In the mean time her new fella moved in as well, I didn't really give a crap about this because like I say we were completely out of love, I didn't get jealous at all (I actually was thinking ha poor guy) and he was a nice guy, we're friends now, and he paid half the rent so really whilst everyone thought it a weird situation, I didn't really care. But I was extremely lonely.
I then moved in with my best mate and around the same time I met a girl, but she lived 2 hours away. This was March. She was amazing for lots of reasons, but terrible for others. We had a very stormy 'relationship', we never got together because of the distance and other reasons, she didn't want a relationship blah blah blah, we were exclusive in the biblical sense but there was always the 'we're not together' factor. She started getting really like 'why are you calling me I only spoke to you yesterday', in fairness she was going through alot but I couldn't hack it so in August I said well look we live 2 hours away, we always fight, we should just call it a day. The trouble is both of us, even though we always fought against each other on what we want, were really in love, maybe something silly to say after 6 months of knowing each other but she was and still is, because we still talk sometimes, just entirely amazing and no matter how much I try I can't shake her. Shame she can't treat me how she should and we live so far apart.
Anyway..a little while after I 'broke up' with her I met another girl, this one just down the road and my age, 24. She had just broken up with her guy and me in my situation so we had a good common ground, I'd seen her out on the town before and fancied her too. We hung out and stuff just as friends, then the week after she got back with her bloke. He treats her like crap, he's 19, lives about an hour away, barely wants to see her and lies to get out of it, and when he does he doesn't even bother with her etc. buys himself food but lets her starve if she ain't got money etc.
so a week after she got back with her guy I invited her to come to my parents and she did and well..this and that. We said at the time we can't let this turn into a full affair, she gotta decide if we stay friends or she breaks up with this guy and be with me properly. Needless to say that didn't transpire and I had a falling out with my mate so I had to leave, that happened end of Sept, and so I moved in semi-temporarily with this girl. She carried on seeing this guy and I'm sort of left in a limbo position of like..I'm single but not. So I was like stuff it I'm going to live with my parents, she was all like no please don't leave I like you being here etc. so I was like **** it can't be bothered to move I'll stay. So the situation is now that I've decided for myself that she's made her decision, she has decided to stay with this guy so as far as I'm concerned we don't have a future, I'm not gonna get close to this girl only to be hurt, she wants her cake and eat it but naa I'm single and when I'm gone she'll regret it. If I met another girl I wouldn't hesitate or apologise. And now I'm getting rather fed up of her anyway - like I say her bloke is 19, unemployed and lives with his mum and is a complete retard and a domestic pleb, so obviously all guys are like this and can't do their own washing or cooking or housework or drive properly etc can they? oh no..of course not, I need to be told how to do these things. Forget that I've lived on my own for 6 years, was taught everything domestic by my mum 10 years ago, & have a respectable job in the city. I'm my own person and if I do say so rather quite capable one at that too. I've only been living with her a month and a half and she's doing my nut in already..I see no future here. So I'ma just bide my time (I would leave if this girl wanted me too but she doesn't, its cheap rent and its close to the station for commuting so whatever) and if the right person comes along..but...and here's the moral of the story after my diatribe, being single isn't always that bad - I can spend my money on whatever the hell I want..permission slips did not have to be obtained for any of my headphone purchases, I can go see this girl 2 hours away if I like (because I miss her alot
frown.gif
) with zero retribution, I can go places and do things that I want when I want.
Yes I'm lonely, very much so (especially since like I say, I fell out with my best mate and all my mates were his mates, therefore timmy no mates), but we all need love in doses, and its not that being single sucks because it is actually pretty damn good sometimes, its not having love that sucks. You got friends, family, kids etc. but nothing replaces cuddling up to someone you love on the sofa watching a film, having your own little things, phrases sayings and stuff, yea I still cuddle up to this girl I'm living with but I'm just like whatever I don't feel owt for ya coz you're with your guy, you're not special to me.

be happy single for now and eventually, a nice guy will come along for you. I firmly believe that one day eventually a girl will come along and rescue me from this train wreck I call a life, but for now I have a first class ticket and taking each day as it comes
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back