Being in Philippines, Prices Are Different; So Please Help Me Decide Which is Worth It
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ChristmaSFnatic

100+ Head-Fier
Basically I have to order online, or like Monster Turbines, if I buy here, its even more than the retail price in US, so I might as well get from Amazon. Though ADDIEM is within my budget...

Anyway, after weeks of researching, I decided that I want my first above crappy iems to be just around $100 more or less(need Apple controls too), which should I gun for? Basing it on the price here, cuz its a bit more, I guess you guys knows best if its worth the additional price or not...

ADDIEM - $100(local store)
Klipsch S4i - $95(Amazon with shipping)
Klipsch S5i - $105(Amazon with shipping)- only $10 more than S4i in Amazon, worth the upgrade?
Etytomic HF3 - $150(Amazon with shipping) - pushing my budget but if its worth it, why not?

Music I listen to:
Rock and roll(from Aerosmith to Guns N Roses to Bon Jovi)
Christmas songs
Disney songs
Just a little pop(Katy Perry)

When:
walking to malls
jogging
gym

MANY THANKS!

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Basically I have to order online, or like Monster Turbines, if I buy here, its even more than the retail price in US, so I might as well get from Amazon. Though ADDIEM is within my budget...

Anyway, after weeks of researching, I decided that I want my first above crappy iems to be just around $100 more or less(need Apple controls too), which should I gun for? Basing it on the price here, cuz its a bit more, I guess you guys knows best if its worth the additional price or not...

ADDIEM - $100(local store)
Klipsch S4i - $95(Amazon with shipping)
Klipsch S5i - $105(Amazon with shipping)- only $10 more than S4i in Amazon, worth the upgrade?
Etytomic HF3 - $150(Amazon with shipping) - pushing my budget but if its worth it, why not?

Music I listen to:
Rock and roll(from Aerosmith to Guns N Roses to Bon Jovi)
Christmas songs
Disney songs
Just a little pop(Katy Perry)

When:
walking to malls
jogging
gym

MANY THANKS!

None are worth it. The prices you've listed are ridiculously high, though it is true that not many other earphones actually come with Apple controls. I wouldn't recommend you go exercising with any of the above either, as they could fall out quite easily (with the etymotics being the only exception). If you can stand not having the Apple controls there's a lot more options that you could consider.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, I got no choice, living in the Philippines, so I have to make do with that. Do know Im not an audiophile, this is my first IEMs, and first one Ill spend for(others are with iPhones)... So just want my first experience to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back