Behringer UCA202 and Vista 64 bits?
Jan 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sonicserve

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a solution to get bit perfect digital audio from my laptop to feed to external DAC. Based on information here, it seems Behringer UCA202 is a good choice.

Does anybody know if it support Vista 64 bits Ultimate Edition? I googled but got inconsistent comments on this.

Thanks for your help.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 5
It works on 64 bits Vista Ultimate (I'm using it), but doesn't support the asio driver from Behringer's website (only for 32 bits). So you have to end up using Asio4all for bitperfect output.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for your help and it is helpful.

I am also using Vista Ultimate 64 bits. My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61. I checked its user guide and tech spec but it did not mention anything about digital audio output.

But today I just noticed that it does have digital audio output from windows control panel as shown in the attached screenshot. That is really a surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It works on 64 bits Vista Ultimate (I'm using it), but doesn't support the asio driver from Behringer's website (only for 32 bits). So you have to end up using Asio4all for bitperfect output.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicserve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your help and it is helpful.

I am also using Vista Ultimate 64 bits. My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61.
But today I just noticed that it does have digital audio output from windows control panel as shown in the attached screenshot. That is really a surprise.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad , the digital output and headphone out share the same socket , I use a mini-toslink adaptor and toslink cable for digital output.

I do have two USB soundcards inc the Behringer but the native digital output via FooBar works perfectly well for me with no dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back