Behringer MiniAmp AMP800
Apr 12, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 20
$50.00 USD and it "boasts 4 totally independent stereo high-power amplifier sections"? Call me pessimistic but I have my doubts...

Apr 13, 2005 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 20
and $300 for the UltraCurve sounds pretty unbelieveable for everything it does, but trust me its very much worth every penny and then some...

obviously nobody has heard it yet here but they do tend to make some nice stuff for incredibly inexpensive prices...

Apr 13, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 20
I'm going to test one out tommorrow, looking forward to it.

EDIT:

Wait, i'm confused. What cable am i needing to run from a stereo source? The back of the soundcard, i imagine would use a single 3.5mm mini stereo jack. Then by the looks of it plugging into 2 mono 6.33 jacks?

3.5mm mini stereo jack > dual 6.3mm mono jack?

Or am i all wrong?

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 20
No SNR, THD, Crosstalk and max power spec. I too will doubt it.

But again, trust your ear...
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonhanjk
No SNR, THD, Crosstalk and max power spec. I too will doubt it.

But again, trust your ear...
wink.gif

I will get full box tech-specs tomorrow.

Apr 13, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 20
T-amp technology maybe????
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
T-amp technology maybe????
rolleyes.gif

Now that might make it interesting.
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 20
I know that I have a Behringer 2 channel mixer that I paid 50 dollars for, and it is incredibly well built, and sounds great. They make good stuff!

Apr 13, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimmig
I'm going to test one out tommorrow, looking forward to it.

this amp is "availabe 3rd quarter 2005", as stated on the site. you'll have to wait a few months... :wink:

Apr 14, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #11 of 20
I've heard one of these (it's mostly a mic mixer with a headphone jack, but it definitely has some gain/amplificiation); it goes for about $50. It sounds reasonably good with a good source and a Sony CD3000. Anyone ever compare this to more serious amps such as Singlepower, or maybe the Raptor, etc, etc.? Do those amps blow this away, or are they just marginally better? Thanks

Apr 14, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yada
I've heard one of these (it's mostly a mic mixer with a headphone jack, but it definitely has some gain/amplificiation); it goes for about $50. It sounds reasonably good with a good source and a Sony CD3000. Anyone ever compare this to more serious amps such as Singlepower, or maybe the Raptor, etc, etc.? Do those amps blow this away, or are they just marginally better? Thanks

I disliked the Rega Ear, and it was a big step up from the headphone out on the UB802. My pimeta and portaphile sound markedly better. It's a small step up from an unamped portable, but mostly it's just a fun toy that can be useful for setting up a PA system.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenEnglish
this amp is "availabe 3rd quarter 2005", as stated on the site. you'll have to wait a few months... :wink:

I tested it out today with a set of HD595's and a set of HD650's. It does a good job, with a steady amount of power.

Response is crisp and the feedback is minimal. Specs were not provided by the dealer, as he is width-holding them until the launch of the product.

Cost? $78.50AUS. Build quality; good (8/10). Stackable. Light. Good form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back