Behringer headphone amps
Jun 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Claus-DK

1000+ Head-Fier
I have searched for those amps in the forum but the info is very limited, so I will start a new thread on those..

Are they any good, they are very cheap 30 € or so, but they are made for professional use so I do not know if they can compete with all the other amps out there..

Any info would be nice..

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 6
i have one for my studio. they are more for amplifying multiple sets of cans while recording rather than making one set sound really good.

behringer is at the low end of recording equipment although some stuff can be quite useful and economical.

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 6
Just for fun, I recently got a Behringer USB dac/amp, their model UCA202, which costs about $35 in the US. Both through its own headphone amp, and also via the RCA-outs to my Go-Vibe 5, the results appear to be slightly worse (ill-defined and mushy bass, in particular) than just using the headphone-out on my Thinkpad laptop. I haven't tried the optical out yet.

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 6
I like my PreSonus analog to the Behringer amps. It does certain things well like amp 4 phones at once, create mono from stereo and has a volume controlled pass thru. Like all PreSonus products it's very eye catching (cute), solid and well made. According to PreSonus technical support it has essentially the same head amps and circuits as the dearly beloved Central Station. However, when I compared it to my Headphonia amp it was not nearly as good at handling tutti fortissimos in Mahler's 6th (Levi, Telarc). I still have it because I never know when I may want to listen to 4 phones at the same time. Yeah, sure.

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the MA400 which I bought to drive my Senn HD280 pros. What the Behringer did was bring out the bass missing from all the other HP outlets I use (Amp/CD/PC/MP3. I have it connected to my PC and am quite happy with it considering that I specifically bought it for that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back