Behringer DEQ2496 compared to...
Feb 7, 2009 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

katzer1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am using my DEQ2496 as my DAC, the source is either a cdp (Rotel 971), squeezbox player or just a laptop with a 30$ usb sound card that has an optical out.

Connected to my speakers (ProAc Studio One) amplifier(rotel 951) it sounds a lot better than the other sources. With headphone amps (pimeta, corda move, Hp4) it was very nice, I liked it a lot.

I am moving to a new place soon and going to re-arrange my setup. I was thinking of an upgrade in the DAC department.
My initial thought is the Presonus Central Station as it also has 2 headphone amps built in plus other features. I also thought of the Zero or the Beresford Mk6/4 that was talked about lately (or the Zahalou?).

I am very interested in the opinions of the good folks here who happened to (actually) use the DEQ2496 and had the chance to compare it to other DAC's.

Thanks,

Erez

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by katzer1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I am using my DEQ2496 as my DAC, the source is either a cdp (Rotel 971), squeezbox player or just a laptop with a 30$ usb sound card that has an optical out.

I have not used the Behringer myself but the chaps at Matrix Hifi did a blind test comparison between it and the Benchmark DAC1

Matrix-Hifi

If you can read Spanish or use an online translator you may be interested in their findings under Pruebas Ciegas. In short, their listeners could not tell them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back