BEHRINGER DAC vs ZERO DAC
Nov 17, 2009 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itobito

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

for my balanced Headphone amp I look for DAC.

cann you recommend me between these dac - BEHRINGER ULTRAMATCH PRO SRC2496 or ZERO DAC.

wich sound is better?

I like Behringer because this one has also balanced output.

Thanks!!!

p.s.
both have a same price in ebay - 100 Euro.
atsmile.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 6
BEHRINGER makes some of the worst bass gear (live amp.) that I've ever played. I can't speak for their home/studio audio, but I know the name is synonymous with 'awful' in my mind.

The Zero seems to get favorable reviews.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #4 of 6
I have a Behringer DEQ2496. it sounds great and has lots of features that are fun and interesting, besides a parametric equalizer, such as width, which allows you to separate the channels even further. I really like it.
This may sound like anathema, but this site from Spain Matrix-Hifi
compared it to the Benchmark DAC 1 in blind testing and could not find a difference.
I am not looking to controversy here, so please don't flame me.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 6
The Zero does have some horror stories ranging from "sudden death" to frying headphones. I stayed away from it after I read about those cases.

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Behringer DEQ2496. it sounds great and has lots of features that are fun and interesting, besides a parametric equalizer, such as width, which allows you to separate the channels even further. I really like it.
This may sound like anathema, but this site from Spain Matrix-Hifi
compared it to the Benchmark DAC 1 in blind testing and could not find a difference.
I am not looking to controversy here, so please don't flame me.

I know this dac/EQ. other alternative can be Behringer SRC2496 dac comby wiht Behringer TUBE ULTRA-Q/T1951 EQ. but I thing Behringer DEQ2496 musst be better.

I find modded Behringer SRC2496 dac - as Tube Dac!
very_evil_smiley.gif
look - Behringer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back