Behringer AMPS
Dec 12, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaillard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean sounds better though? I am looking for accuracy, are you saying the microamp sound more accurate, less noise or anything like that?

The MicroAmp - in my opinion - provides more bass, more depth and sound stage. Better detail, rich and buttery smooth transitions - I know I sound like an ass using those words to describe electronics. I think it colors the music quite a bit which for me is what I like.

The AMP800 - in my opinion - is sterile. What you put in to it is what comes out of it - only amplified. I don't know if the electrical signal coming from an electric guitar is vastly different than a signal coming from say - an iPod but it seems that while significantly lower priced, the AMP800 was designed to do something different than a Hi-Fi headphone amplifier.

I keep the AMP800 and FBQ around but they don't seem to deliver the wow factor that the MicroAmp does. Maybe I'm not fiddling with the EQ bands enough or whatever.

I'd say the AMP800 is a lightweight musical insturment amplifier for use with headphones and it can serve as double duty as a Hi-Fi headphone amp - double duty - not the main purpose.

Dec 12, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 17
================================================== ===============================
================================================== ===================
================================================== ===========
================================================== ==
==========================================
=================================
==============================
==========================

Users who are viewing this thread

Back