Behold. My Jecklins!
Dec 6, 2004 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Nights_85

500+ Head-Fier
Yes I bought a pair of electrostatic jecklin Floats off ebay. And this being the first pair of ES headphones Ive ever owned I must say they're damn nice!

From what Ive seen so far (as I recieved them today), they're very, very detailed and just as much sa unforgiving. Some recordings I have sound absolutely teirrble, and some of them sound great. Im not really going to write up a full feature article as Im terrible at that sort of stuff. Suffice t say these sound great and anybody who ever finds them on sale again should buy them, chances are they'll go pretty cheap too cause they're slightly ugly...

Comfort wise they're pretty comfy and feel rather light to me. Only problem with me is that my head is rather big and so I find these pushing on the bits just below the temples a bit. Those of you with smaller heads should be fine.

Anyway, I have some pictures of them for you guys as Ive noticed there arent too many pics of them. Ive tried to make them as 56K friendly as possible. So enjoy the pics... Also there's a comparison of the jecklins vs the size of my NEC e808... I think I have thing for collecting big things
rolleyes.gif

Dec 6, 2004 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 23
OMG, what is that?

Sorry to be such a N00b, but surely you can't put those on your head?

PICTURES!!!

k1000smile.gif

Dec 6, 2004 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 23
sorry my camera doesnt seem to take pictures of me for some reason
tongue.gif
but here's a pic of someone else wearing em. (I dont know who you are wearing these floats but apparently you look a bit like me... go figure)
ItFloats_01b_0613.jpg

And yes i did infact steal this pic from the new york meet thread

Dec 6, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 23
well I'd certainly like to hear what others have as well. I dont know if there's ever been an Australian meet..... it'd be good to get one going though.

These things are plugged into my Aiwa reciever as it takes speaker outputs as inputs... I guess energisers weren't THAT sophisticated back in the 70's
lambda.gif

Dec 6, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #14 of 23
EXCELLENT PICTURE!

And he's the perfect guy to be wearing them too!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they sound better than anything I've ever heard / am going to hear...

But they do have a certain amusing quality about them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back