Beginners tube amp for LCD2f
Nov 22, 2021 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

moby1974

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
Yes I know the two I will list are not ideal, but I am just wanting to dip my toes into the tube sound before I commit (if I like it)

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on.

Sabaj PHA3 Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier 2X6J9
Linsoul XDUOO MT-602 6J1

I do hear some say lower impedance cans might have issues but the LCD2f are 70ohms, and as such might scrape through?

Thanks in advance

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Nov 22, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi
Yeah, I did see this one, it's just the likes of the Linsoul 602 seems to have more people praising it. Have you heard the loxjie P20?

No, but many people have used it and loved it, and those with reviews using Audeze stuff have a 4-5 star rating:

https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone-Power/dp/B07H5JLD2Q

The review who used the single-ended Audeze had 4 stars for lack of power and the one who also used XLR had 5 stars for the balanced being more “fun”, or having more power, hence the XLR cable upgrade.

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 6
No, but many people have used it and loved it, and those with reviews using Audeze stuff have a 4-5 star rating:

https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone-Power/dp/B07H5JLD2Q

The review who used the single-ended Audeze had 4 stars for lack of power and the one who also used XLR had 5 stars for the balanced being more “fun”, or having more power, hence the XLR cable upgrade.
Sadly I do not have any balanced audio (too much money gone into my PC) though it is on the to-do list. I will look into the P20 some more.

Thanks

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 6
I do hear some say lower impedance cans might have issues but the LCD2f are 70ohms, and as such might scrape through?
Yes, my 20ohm Planars were clearly very wrong with with a Spartan Helot o.O

I would suggest replacing anonymous looking tubes with something inexpensive like ElectroHarmonix/Genelec/JJ/Other known Brands..
If nothing else, it is another variable ticked off to see if you enjoy tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back