Beginner Rock Headphones?
Aug 20, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 18
I had Grado SR125 and did not like them at all for rock. They didn't have the bass impact nor did they go deep enough. Very detailed and open soundstage, though.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #17 of 18
definitely ES7. they are supposed to be on par with SR80, MS1. and i think they have really, really great sound. nice bass, forward mids. they shine even more when you plug it into a desktop amp. comfort is an issue though. coming from ES7s, SR60s really feel like a downgrade when I tried them on. SR80s and MS1s are quite on par but I prefer ES7s. SR325s are a different story though... they are awesome.

Aug 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #18 of 18
SR60i is definitely NOT weak in the bass. It may depend on your source and amp but they have just slightly less bass than the HD600 which is a somewhat dark headphone. Just look at HeadRoom's FR graph of the SR60i.

It's also a very FAST headphone that does distortion better than anything I've ever used. Drums sound impactful and fast as well. Let's just say I used to own the iGrados, sold them, and regretted it enough to buy the SR60i's last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back