Beginner Audiophile Turntable
Dec 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

t-crisis

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I am a greenie in the Head-fi community, and I am not sure if I can consider myself an audiophile but I definitely love good sounding music. After hearing what my dad had to say about equipment back in his day, I have become very interested in going analog and getting a turntable and acquiring a nice set of vinyl records. From what I understand from other threads, I need a turntable and a phono preamp. The reason I decided to start a new thread is because the ones I read were at least 2 years old and I am unsure if the equipment suggested in these threads is now obsolete and I have a smaller budget than most of those guys [preferably $200-$300... or less :wink: ]. I really like the Denon DP 300F because of how it looks, it has a built-in preamp and it's cheap but I am not sure how great the sound quality is. What do you guys think?

Any suggestions for turntables and/or phono preamps near my price range?

Thanks

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I also saw a Thorens TD 160 and I hear that's a good table that is upgradable and it looks nice too. Do you think I would be able to find one of those on the FS/TF here in head-fi for a decent price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back