*Beginner Audiophile Headphones*
Jul 8, 2015 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gunzz

New Head-Fier
Hi! I am new to this forum so please be kind :) I have just started to appreciate music and want to take it up a notch. I own a-LOT of unbranded chinese headphones over the years and I want to move into the audiophile category. Most of my music is in FLAC lossless extension so my music is covered up. I recently bought the V-Moda M80 White Pearl from Amazon and even after burning-in, they sound like the cheap chinese headphones. I mean, they absolutely suck! They clamp on the head so hard, next-to-none bass and extremely uncomfortable; yes I know there is a certain way to wear these headphones but I just cant adjust with these. I bought the V-Moda because many people have praised it as the best beginner audiophile headphones but I was just left completely disappointed (Yes. they were genuine, I checked). For now, I have returned them back to Amazon and have about 100$ to spend. Im not looking for the best damn thing, but just the best bang-for-the-buck headphone/earphone (with International Warranty); like previously expensive headphones being highly discounted on amazon. My music taste is mainly Hip-Hop, EDM and Rock. So I guess I would like a neutral-ish headphone which is slightly aligned towards the bass side. I am actually expecting to be blown away for the price I pay; I want these 100$ headphones to sound like they are worth 100$ and not like the M80. Looking for your expert opinions :D

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi! I am new to this forum so please be kind :) I have just started to appreciate music and want to take it up a notch. I own a-LOT of unbranded chinese headphones over the years and I want to move into the audiophile category. Most of my music is in FLAC lossless extension so my music is covered up. I recently bought the V-Moda M80 White Pearl from Amazon and even after burning-in, they sound like the cheap chinese headphones. I mean, they absolutely suck! They clamp on the head so hard, next-to-none bass and extremely uncomfortable; yes I know there is a certain way to wear these headphones but I just cant adjust with these. I bought the V-Moda because many people have praised it as the best beginner audiophile headphones but I was just left completely disappointed (Yes. they were genuine, I checked). For now, I have returned them back to Amazon and have about 100$ to spend. Im not looking for the best damn thing, but just the best bang-for-the-buck headphone/earphone (with International Warranty); like previously expensive headphones being highly discounted on amazon. My music taste is mainly Hip-Hop, EDM and Rock. So I guess I would like a neutral-ish headphone which is slightly aligned towards the bass side. I am actually expecting to be blown away for the price I pay; I want these 100$ headphones to sound like they are worth 100$ and not like the M80. Looking for your expert opinions :D

What is your source? What type of files are you listening to?

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi gunnzz, Yep, whats your source? Do you intend to listen in-door / out-door, open back / closed? Lets know and hope we can narrow down some phones.

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 5
I really dont mind if they are closed/open/semi-open cans.I will be using an iPhone/iPod or my laptop. I prefer comfort over looks. If the suggested headphones/IEMs have high impedance then I dont even mind buying a DAC as long as the cans sound like the price I pay for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back