Before I spend £1500, I would love a headphone alternative
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redstar

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Ive been doing various visits to hifi shops and listening to various setups.

I am looking to get a bedroom setup.
So far, I have liked the most Yamaha rx-v1073 along side Dali 1: 5.1. ( Two Zensors 1s for the rear, two Zensor 3s for the front).
I would get the Zensor 3s over the Zensor 5s, due to my room layout.

Anyway, this setup comes to about £1500, perhaps a smidge more. 
Its purly for Movie watching, Blurays via PS4, but I was thinking of maybe getting a dedicated player.

If I was to spend the 1500 on a headphone setup, instead of this hifi set up, what would one suggest?
I have two sets of headphones currently;
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - 80 Ohm (love the comfort)
Senheiser Momentums.

Any help would be immense,
Dan.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think you can get anywhere close to a speaker setup with headphones, it just isn't possible.

Are you going to get the Vokal as well for the 5.1?

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes 2x Zensor 1, 2x Zensor 3, 1x Vokal and 1x E9F Sub :)

I have been thinking of dropping the AVR model down, to say the 675 (or slimline version) or Denon X2000 and maybe buying some Beyer T1s...
Im unsure if these avrs will drive the T1s and how good they are for movies, I seem to get the impression from various threads that the T1s are good for films.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 4
  Yes 2x Zensor 1, 2x Zensor 3, 1x Vokal and 1x E9F Sub :)

I have been thinking of dropping the AVR model down, to say the 675 (or slimline version) or Denon X2000 and maybe buying some Beyer T1s...
Im unsure if these avrs will drive the T1s and how good they are for movies, I seem to get the impression from various threads that the T1s are good for films.

I would say 9" is a bit too small for me, there is no replacement for displacement!

Try a SVS, I believe they have a dealer in the UK.

The thing is about headphones, you just can't get that same experience as speakers, especially in bass impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back