Beethoven - Awesome Deal!
Sep 5, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 43
There are 60 CD in total. I just ordered the set and the shipping was only $ 6,48 to Singapore! Awesome deal indeed!

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 43
shipping was free for me. amazing deal.
smily_headphones1.gif

as for number of CDs, scroll down to product description.

Quote:

Product Description
60 CD Box Set. Selection of Ludwig Van Beethoven Works Recorded by David Zinman and Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich (Symphonies), Yefim Bronfman, David Zinman and Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich (Piano Concertos), Pinchas Zuckerman and Marc Neikrug (Violin Sonatas), Anner Bylsma and Jon Van Immerseel (Cello Sonatas), Seraphin Trio (Piano Trios), Alexander String Quartet (String Quartets), Yukio Yokoyama, Robert Casadesus, Justus Frantz, Vladimir Horowitz, Gerhard Oppitz and Charles Rosen (Piano Sonatas), Eugene Ormandy and Philadelphia Orchestra (Christ on the Mount of Olives), Wolfdieter Maurer and Tokyo Oratorio Society (Mass in C Major), David Zinman and Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich (Missa Solemnis) and Many Other Great Artists.

Sep 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DO WANT! I already have another Beethoven Box Set (paid $200ish), but it is definitely not as good as this one.

the thing that amazed me about this set is that they are all known recordings and recordings which generally have received excellent reviews. everything here is just about top notch. the only section that i am unfamiliar with is the piano sonatas. it seems that most of them are performed by someone i have never heard of (Yukio Yokoyama). may be a weak link in the set. a full listing of the box set can be found here: http://www.selections.com/BX937/beet...rpieces-60cds/

according to amazon, the set is back "in stock."
cool.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #9 of 43
WOW! That is an awesome deal. Should be about half or slightly more than half of his complete opus.

I paid a lot more for my Complete Beethoven Edition on DG - AND EVEN THAT'S INCOMPLETE!!

For anyone wanting some Beethoven - jump on this NOW!

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 43
Yep, good deal! They could`a throw on Bach too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back