Beer you can't stand. (while still sober anyways)
May 24, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #16 of 59
Coors is just horrible. Only free beer that never tasted good to me.

May 24, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 59
There is an old saying that there are no bad beers, but some beers are better than others.

The exception to this rule is Red White and Blue beer. It is literally undrinkable.

About 15 years ago, my best friend's sister's boyfriend offered us two cases of beer to spray his porch to kill the spiders (this guy had blood curdling aracnaphobia). We did so, only to be rewarded with a case of Goebel and a case of Red White and Blue.

Being young college students, we took to the Goebel like fish to water. The RW&B, however, was just too much for either of us (or any of our friends) to stomach. We tried chilling it in the freezer and it didn't help.

My buddy's father came home one day, and found one of these beers in his refrigerator. He decided to try "the taste of America". His last words on the subject were "I want that **** out of my house". We ended up pouring it down the drain so that we could take back the returnables.

This is the worst beer made...there has never been a close second, not even the old "generic" beer.

eek.gif

May 24, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
There is an old saying that there are no bad beers, but some beers are better than others.

The exception to this rule is Red White and Blue beer. It is literally undrinkable.

If you are talking about Pabst Blue Ribbon your choice wins by a landslide! My old man used to drink that **** years ago; didn't taste like beer then, and tastes even worse now.

May 24, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd R
In the southwest corner, almost at the Indiana border North of Elkhart, over 100 miles from any real stereo stores.
frown.gif

"audio wasteland" makes me think of some huge audio junkyard... where DIY'ers go whenever they have free time to search for that diamond in the rough. or a parts car... i mean component.

May 24, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Sentral Dogma
sorry midwesterners, but anything from Bell's brewery gives me a headache. and i don't like it.

Sorry to hear it causes that reaction with you. It could be the fact that they are all natural and have NO preservatives or artificial chemicals in them, maybe you system is used to those. <g> Seriously though, if anything, the Bell's beers, as well as those of any good microbrewery should be LESS likely to cause your symptoms.
Within the industry, Bell's is generally regarded as one of the two
greatest microbreweries east of the Mississipi.

JC

May 24, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #23 of 59
Oh, I forgot about Milwaukee’s Best (a.k.a. Milwaukee Beast). Horrible, but cheaper than water.

[edit] Ah... The college memories are flooding back --> Natural Light, I swear that **** *is* water. Drink 3 cans and you pee like you drank 6.

May 24, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #24 of 59
Bud -- who the L thought of making fermented rice or potatoes or whatever into a drink?

Miller
Michelob
Milwaukee's Best
Red White and Blue (not the same as Pabst, I don't think)
Pabst
Schlitz
Colt 44

May 24, 2003 at 11:27 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
If you are talking about Pabst Blue Ribbon your choice wins by a landslide! My old man used to drink that **** years ago; didn't taste like beer then, and tastes even worse now.

Actually, we used to buy PBR years ago for $3.65 a case (yes, you read that right). It had the benefit of $.05 deposit, so less of our drinking capital was tied up in returnables.

It wasn't good, but Red White & Blue beer makes it taste like the sweetest microbrew small batch beer you've ever tasted.

As an aside, I think that RW&B is made by the Pabst Brewing Co.

May 24, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
The only free beer I will not drink is Corona, any mexican alcohol is evil.

Guess you never had Tecate, Dos Equis, or Negro Modolo if you think all Mexican beer is bad.
Corona does suck however. You only put the lime in it so it has a taste.

May 24, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 59
if you don't like mexican beers, i suggest you try dos equis. dos equis amber is one of my favorite beers. rather tasty. bohemia is also a rather good mexican beer.

as for pabst.... it's one of the few low-budget beers i can stand. Budweiser is ok, but I try my best to avoid bud light. Not a big fan of miller (miller lite's real nasty). Hate Coors (coors light is just ****ty tasting water). keystone & keystone light are some of the most horrible beers ever created.

heineken's ok, but after the 2nd bottle, it just starts getting really bad. after 3, it just doesn't agree with my stomach. start getting cramps & shiet.

edit:
almost forgot natty ice.... that ****'s NASTY!

May 24, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #30 of 59
anything "Lite"
anything Japanese
Budweiser
Busch
Coors
Heineken
Michelob
Miller
Pabst
Schlitz
Zima

It's an act of generosity to even call these beverages beer.

My list of beers I can drink begin with a Texas brewery called Shiner Bock and a British Ale called Bass. Anything below these two in quality simply aren't worth drinking to me. I'd rather have a glass of water and simply hit myself over the head with a two by four for the loss of clarity and headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back