Been away from the scene, anything new that you can recommend?
Sep 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

VanCitySound

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I have been relatively content to use my AKG K702s for my periodic listening needs.  I haven’t been monitoring what’s new lately but I am looking for new mid-fi cans for electronic music.  My two requirements are a large soundstage and respectable bass, which combo has been difficult to find in the past.  I don’t care if they are open or closed so long as they meet the above requirements. I am using a Burson amp so power should not be an issue.  I would like the soundstage to be close to the K702 but with more pronounced bass.  I have read about the Fidelio X1 and the K550.  Any thoughts or recommendations?  Thanks.

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't want to sound like a fan boy, but you should check out the V-MODA M-100 too.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 5
  Hi all, I have been relatively content to use my AKG K702s for my periodic listening needs.  I haven’t been monitoring what’s new lately but I am looking for new mid-fi cans for electronic music.  My two requirements are a large soundstage and respectable bass, which combo has been difficult to find in the past.  I don’t care if they are open or closed so long as they meet the above requirements. I am using a Burson amp so power should not be an issue.  I would like the soundstage to be close to the K702 but with more pronounced bass.  I have read about the Fidelio X1 and the K550.  Any thoughts or recommendations?  Thanks.

Heya,

Fidelio X1 would be the pick for mid-fi for your purposes.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back