Been away for 2 years, now lost. Need IEMs up to $100
Jun 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

veruvius

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I first came here about 10 years ago, been through the KSC-35s, 2 pairs of Westone UM1s, the NuForce NE-7ms, and most recently, Munitio Nines. The Nines won't stay in my ears anymore, which totally infuriates me. They weren't the greatest anyway, so reason to upgrade! I need something primarily for use at the office or traveling (buses/trains/planes), and I have no interest in an amp.

Priority list:

1. Comfort/isolation. I know fit is ear-dependent, but I hate having to adjust my Nines regularly. The UM1s fit like a dream, but I didn't love the sound profile.

2. Sound. I listen to a little of everything. Jazz, classical, rock, hip hop, world. The Nines have really muddy vocals that no amount of EQing can fix (although it might just be my phone). I want something clear sounding and generally accurate, I guess.

3. Cable. I'm tall (6'3"), so I need a longer cable. Also, something with an in-line cable would be nice for using with my cell phone, but this isn't a deal breaker. Lastly, the cable should be sturdy and hopefully won't tangle easily, as it will be in pockets/briefcases, etc. on a regular basis.

I've been through the 2012 gift guide and the headphone buying guide, but there are quite a few options. Anything to steer me in the direction of a few would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I would love for some help with this very same question. I really don't want to steal this thread or anything, but if anyone could point out a pair that favors bass as well that would be helpful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back