Bedroom speakers for listening to music [$400-450]
Dec 1, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 25
  So i got a pair of LSR305s and a Scarlett 2i2, all setup sounds good. Only issue i'm having is the bass/sub is kind of drowny even when the volume is turned up less than half. Is there a way of adjusting it because there's no way i can have these like this all the time kinda as its kind of annoying.. I even tried playing high quality AACs still the subbass is still active would be handy if i could turn it off. 

Make sure your speakers are in the middle of your wall not near any corners. Also make sure your speakers are not against the wall and that they have at least a foot but preferably 2 feet of space. Try also elevating the speakers on some books. Maybe you need to get some isolation pads. You also have a low frequency trim dial. If the bass is too boomy try turning it down. Make sure you do not have any eq's on even if you do not think so. Might have software of sorts boosting the bass. 

What do you mean sub bass?What is annoying about the sound? Too much bass, muddy bass?

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 25
Yes i think it is the sub bass coming from the back of the speakers? I cant even listen to it at a normal level that's right for me without it booming and i dont want to annoy the neighbors, as the speakers are placed near the wall (not directly against). I mean its better when i reduce the bass/treble with the EQ in itunes but i don't want to have to do that all the time. Don't even think i can set a master EQ because its through the scarlet and not a sound card..

Also they are elevated on isolation pads and i did turn down the low trim didn't do much at all.. just too much for listening at night..

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Sub bass can definitely be emphasized by boundary gain. Try moving them out from the wall.

Isolation pads have no effect in this regard. And in fact they do little other than reduce cabinet vibration transfer (if any).

Otherwise, use software EQ to dramatically turn down the sub bass. That seems your only option.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #20 of 25
This is going to have to be directly in the software not the system for example using realtec sound software to adjust the eq? Because even when watching youtube videos the bass is over exaggerated for the slightest bit of music and i'm unable to control that

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 25
Perhaps these arent made for the type of environment i'm in , i know they are powered but  alot of people highly recommend them on /r/audiophile and other places. It would be a pain to have to send them back and go through looking for another pair..

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #22 of 25
There's no guarantee that another pair would work better unless you buy some with poor low end bass response. Room acoustics and how you are placing them are your problem, not the speakers.

Yes. Turn it down in your soundcard EQ. Or you could try something like Equalizer APO.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #24 of 25
I still do not understand how 5" monitors are proving to cause bass problems. They do not go very low. If you had a subwoofer or 8" monitors I could understand. Can you try another DAC? My Emotivas are more powerful and my room is painfully small and I do not have any bass problems with my monitors. If you are using the Scarlet via USB than changing settings through the Realtek soundcard won't do anything. Try running the monitors through your soundcard or cellphone to make sure the source is not the problem.  

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #25 of 25
Ok i will do, thanks. If its still the case i think i'm going to have to return them and consider a different pair maybe ones that arent powered? Its kind of annoying that i'm unable to control it and it  just sounds kind of muddy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back