Because of all the idiots...
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

pawlowski6132

Banned
...who type "SOLD" over their asking price when selling something here, I'm considering recording the asking prices from the Headphone FS posts, at least, and either reposting them on a separate thread or keeping an offline database open to anyone who wants access.

All you'd have to do is let me know what item you're interested in selling/buying and I can tell you what it's been offered at in the last x months depending on when I start this.

What do you think?

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
...who type "SOLD" over their asking price when selling something here, I'm considering recording the asking prices from the Headphone FS posts, at least, and either reposting them on a separate thread or keeping an offline database open to anyone who wants access.

All you'd have to do is let me know what item you're interested in selling and I can tell you what it's been offered at in the last x months depending on when I start this.

What do you think?

Please do so, I am so freaking angry everytime I try to figure out if I'm getting ripped off or not on something I want to buy. Why do people hold their prices? A large bolded SOLD in the first post is fine, you can leave your prices!

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Please do so, I am so freaking angry everytime I try to figure out if I'm getting ripped off or not on something I want to buy. Why do people hold their prices? A large bolded SOLD in the first post is fine, you can leave your prices!

X2

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mf6421
X2

And what do people gain from removing their prices anyway?

It seems whenever somebody leaves a price, it's when they sold their item really quickly (like 10 minutes after posting) because they urgently needed money. When I try to sell something, people always refer to that post, and of course thats the one with the dirt cheap price that happens 1 time a year if that many times.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

And what do people gain from removing their prices anyway?

Oh, trust me, this is been discussed before. You won't believe the stupid reasons people will give you. All of them lame. We can only all help each other by providing as much info as possible so that we trade an a fully informed efficient marketplace here.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Oh, trust me, this is been discussed before. You won't believe the stupid reasons people will give you. All of them lame. We can only all help each other by providing as much info as possible so that we trade an a fully informed efficient marketplace here.

Heh, advertise sites are better then here, atleast the prices stay up! I can't think of one reason not to keep your price, do you have any links to threads that I can bash in and laugh at?

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

...do you have any links to threads that I can bash in and laugh at?

Hah! No, sorry. Hopefully, some of those that defend the practice will chime in here and you can have at 'em.

k1000smile.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Hah! No, sorry. Hopefully, some of those that defend the practice will chime in here and you can have at 'em.

k1000smile.gif

Hehe, the big problem is that prices change over time, and sometimes you can only reference to something really old which is inaccurate.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Hehe, the big problem is that prices change over time, and sometimes you can only reference to something really old which is inaccurate.

Yes, but if you have ALL the facts, you can interpret them yourself.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Yes, but if you have ALL the facts, you can interpret them yourself.

I just want bloody prices, and if people drop their prices, show the price drops, so we have any idea how low you had to go.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Heh, advertise sites are better then here, atleast the prices stay up! I can't think of one reason not to keep your price, do you have any links to threads that I can bash in and laugh at?

Here's a juicy one http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...highlight=sold

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #13 of 41
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Ask, and you shall receive.

Hehe
biggrin.gif
. If somebody records prices, or some plugin was installed that logs $ signs and threads, it'de be fine I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back