BeatsX
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #16 of 24
Beats X are on sale for $99 on Best Buy. All colors.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sol5684-beats-x

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 24
Just got these today and am impressed by them! This is my first pair of wireless earbuds and the connection with my iPhone has been great. I do admit I am glad they don't have muddy based (it's emphasized but not muddy). They aren't as clear as my SE215 in the midrange and the highs are tinny for classical music, but for casual use and gym use they are perfectly acceptable. The around-neck wire is less of an issue than I thought as well. Definitely hope this bodes well for the future of wireless earphones from more competitors!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 24
I think these wireless earbuds are perfect for running. After going through many different pairs of $20 wireless buds from amazon these have surpassed all of those in terms of comfort and sound quality. Most wireless earbuds stick out or have uncomfortable wires that don't let you swing your head around without dislodging the earbud. The Beats allow me to do just that and are recessed in the ear where they don't always fall out while I pound the pavement. Although I may not have put enough miles on them yet hopefully they will last much longer than the cheapo buds I have been using.

UPDATE

**Review based running performance**

So after putting about 250 miles or so within 5 months the earbuds control system ceased to work. They didn't connect automatically to the iphone when turned on and had to be manually connected through the bluetooth menu. Volume control stopped working as well as all functions of pausing forwarding rewinding and etc. of music. Microphone stopped working as well. I don't know if it was caused by my sweating all over the earbuds or what not but this was a major disappointment. On the plus side is that it happened within the manufacturers warranty and the Apple store took the earphones back and replaced them with a new set. A more specialized/personal gripe I have with the earbuds during running is when the wind is blowing very hard the thick neck wire portion where the buds are connected will freely fly off the neck and cause the wire to bounce around. I'll have to constantly pull the wire back to have it rest back on my neck which is an annoyance when you're in mile 6 and really don't want to mess with anything. But this is only on very windy days. Because I run around the bay trail next to water it can get very windy and I stopped using these earbuds as my running buds. I went ahead and purchased the powerbeats3 where the wire does not need to rest on the neck and if blown it doesn't bother me.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #19 of 24
Never thought I would buy anything with the Beats name on it. However I was buying a new phone at T mobile and they had the Beats x hanging on the wall. With a few dollars a month added to my bill I walked out with them.
I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile, and I have to say, the Beats x don't sound anything like the Beats house sound. Much to my liking they sound much more balanced and clean. No over bloated and muddy bass here.
Of course, the Beats x do not sound anywhere near the sound quality as my much more expensive headphone rigs that I have set up. However, they sound just fine for work, for which I bought them for.

May 13, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 24
I got my BeatsX as an alternative to the BrainWavs BLU-100 which I had trouble with when having a session on the punching bag. I compared online reviews with PowerBeats3, Airpods and these. Initially I used just the small tips, but then changed to one small and one medium, then added the wing tips. With the wingtips in they were secure and I was able to run, box and do all of my other exercises without issue, except my core strength when I was on my back, but what do you expect!

Overall like others have said I was pleasantly surprised by the sound from these, they are clear and have plenty of volume. As others have said, walking with these in can be a problem as they do isolate the outside world a little too much, when I am walking the little one I have to pop one earpiece out so I can hear her and the traffic.

I have stopped going to the gym, but I still uses these as I try and get out for a 10km walk a few times a week and think taking out the PSB's or Polk's would make me look too much like a toolbag, that and it is hard to only use one ear for these!

Over-all I think these are a surprisingly good set of headphones for exercise.

May 20, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #21 of 24
I have to say I love the Beats X. Never thought I would love anything with the name Beats on them, but the X does a fabulous job as a daily driver. I am actually using them with JVC Spiral Dot tips, medium. Just awesome. The sound is actually balanced, with a slight bump in the 50-70 hz range. Not very noticeable though. Compared to the more expensive IEMs I use, I can say that for a bluetooth IEM, these are solid, especially if you use Apple products.
Which model of spiral dots fits the BeatsX? Any link or help is appreciated

May 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 24
Hi. What model of the spiral dots fits these BeatsX? Thx!
Alan
I think the bore diameter on all spiral dots is the same. I’ve used EP-FX9ML (medium large) and EP-FX9L (large) on my BeatsX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back