Beats Studio3
May 31, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #707 of 904
Good thing I'm still in my return window. If Apple/Beats announces something that interests me, I'll return my Studio 3

I have to return by tomorrow :frowning2:. Cashier mistakenly told me I’d have 60 day return window which is why I bought in the first place since I needed the longer return window to decide for reasons like this but now I’m kind of in a corner. Really like the SG design and the sound was improved enough that it sounds pretty good with a nice midbass punch but I get minimal use out of it anyway.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #709 of 904
Sorry, but considering the Studio 3 are only in year 1 and just now starting their second year, this doesn't jive with product release cycles from the company. Rather, I got this email today about their new release:

https://www.beatsbydre.com/ca/collections/made-defiant

Basically Studio3 with the "old school" Beats colouring.

May 31, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #711 of 904
Sorry, but considering the Studio 3 are only in year 1 and just now starting their second year, this doesn't jive with product release cycles from the company. Rather, I got this email today about their new release:

I saw this a few days ago. I've actually thought about returning my Shadow Grey for the Defiant Color. My only hesitancy is the fact that I paid $249 for the Shadow Grey. The lowest I've seen the Defiant listed is at $299 from Best Buy.

May 31, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #712 of 904
Definitely hanging on to my Studio 3 for the time being. If Apple announces a new headphone, I'd want to read first impressions before committing. Apple's possible headphone I have no experience with, the Studio 3 I know I love.

They are not...please read my post just a few minutes ago. Makes no sense considering they were only released a year ago....doesn't jive with their past product lifecycles.

May 31, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #713 of 904
They are not...please read my post just a few minutes ago. Makes no sense considering they were only released a year ago....doesn't jive with their past product lifecycles.
I read your post and agree/understand what you're saying. However, just because it doesn't make sense, doesn't mean Apple wouldn't do it. They've done things that made no sense to me before like release the 9.7 inch iPad Pro and then a year later release the 10.5 inch version. I'm saying just in case. I never say never.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #714 of 904

It is odd, but there are are two separate markets, one that would still spend the money on a new Defiant color and one that would wait for the new Apple over-ears. I wouldn’t have expected Studio3 to go on clearance this early either.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #715 of 904
Definitely hanging on to my Studio 3 for the time being. If Apple announces a new headphone, I'd want to read first impressions before committing. Apple's possible headphone I have no experience with, the Studio 3 I know I love.

I’m sure Apple’s rumored headphone will also be strong on the bass, when necessary. I predict it’ll adjust its signature based on the track like the HomePod. Studio3 does have a unique bass boost though.

I’m surprised they already have the Defiant color on sale under MSRP.

May 31, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #716 of 904
I do think the Studio3 has an overall upfront vibrant sound. I still believe these sound like they’re tuned for hip-hop, since it really adds much-needed weight to mid-bass notes on albums like Kendrick Lamar’s Damn. which can sound weak otherwise.

I want to believe my first unit was defective (perhaps clamping force wasn’t to spec which didn’t create an adequate seal) since the second unit is that much better even if could still be better. Still would prefer to see what Apple has coming.

At this point for unrelated (medical) reasons it’s also a bit uncomfortable for me to wear over-ear headphones though I try to press through.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #717 of 904
I have had the Beats solo 2’s and the Studio 3’s. Maybe I’m missing the point but they are like a decent HiFi with a pillow over the speakers.

I have the AKG C50BT which I rate over the Beats I’ve had. Good bass and well balanced even at max. Plus the Bluetooth connection doesn’t seem to make the audio suffer. Go figure.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #718 of 904
I do think the Studio3 has an overall upfront vibrant sound. I still believe these sound like they’re tuned for hip-hop, since it really adds much-needed weight to mid-bass notes on albums like Kendrick Lamar’s Damn. which can sound weak otherwise.

I want to believe my first unit was defective (perhaps clamping force wasn’t to spec which didn’t create an adequate seal) since the second unit is that much better even if could still be better. Still would prefer to see what Apple has coming.

At this point for unrelated (medical) reasons it’s also a bit uncomfortable for me to wear over-ear headphones though I try to press through.
I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously thinking of returning my Shadow Grey Studio 3 for the new Decade edition. That case is sexy as hell!

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #719 of 904
I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously thinking of returning my Shadow Grey Studio 3 for the new Decade edition. That case is sexy as hell!

Slick, but Shadow Grey is still the best color imo. Really makes my matte black Solo3 look dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back