Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 or Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wanton007

New Head-Fier
Hi y'all,

A new member here! Looking for some feedback on these particular headphones

Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 or the Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC.

I've demo'd both at my local stores but wanted some feedback on long term use rather than the short amount of time I've had to demo these.

Beats Studio Wireless 2.0
Pros:

1. Comfortable
  2. $199 CAD (purchased on BF), but haven't opened them yet
Cons:
  1. The sound wasn't as nice as the Senns. It's still sounds decent but I prefer the Senns more
  2. Weaker battery life
Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC
Pros:

1. Sound signature
  2. $185 CAD
  3. Better battery life
  4. Presumably better ANC
Cons:
  1. Head clamp is too tight

I will have both sets in my hands in the coming days but both will be unopened as I'll have to return one of them.

If anyone has experience with either of these headphones, I'd love to hear it.

This set will probably be my all rounder - working from a coffee shop, travelling from West to East and back every few months, and used for web conference calls.

As for music - general mix of music, R&B, every now and then I get into the vocal mode like the Canadian Tenors / Il Divo etc, and top 40 but that's only when I won't be using the 6xx. If I'm at home, I'll be using those cans.

Does the head clamp get better on the Senns over time? Other feedback? Questions?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 4
As much as I dislike Beats due to the bad sound quality, comfort is pretty important. Depending on the head band material, you may be able to bend it a little to fit better.

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 4
As much as I dislike Beats due to the bad sound quality, comfort is pretty important. Depending on the head band material, you may be able to bend it a little to fit better.

Agreed. Part of the reason why I keep selling and buying new headphones to try out. Right off the bat, the Beats weren't tight clamping on my wide head. I wonder if it's too much wishful thinking that the Senns will stretch out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back