Beats Studio or Bose QC15 ?
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
You mean fitting in with the crowd is important to you.  Looks are subjective, and I think the beats design looks like a toy some 14 year old designed.

the model of solo, yes its like 14 years old toy, but the studio, i dont think so 
regular_smile .gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #17 of 33
Out of the two def the QC15s, better noise cancelation and overall better quality in terms of sound and build. But yeah there are definitely other options in that price range but if noise cancelation is important to you I would recommend the Bose

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
I'm not much into bass but picked up the HFI-580's for trance, techno and just for fun the other day and having a great time with them, they are bassy but the bass is pretty accurate and doesnt seem to get in the way. I was actually in Best Buy today and tried out the Beats again to compare and was astonished by the difference, I now know what people mean by muddy bass *shudders*

But hey if thats what you want I guess go for it, if I had to choose though I would go with the Bose...I guess.

which beats are you listening at bestbuy? studio or solo? i bought solo hd yesterday and im gonna return these headphone tomorrow, poor sound quality and the bass isnt that strong

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 33
I'm not a fan of anything that eats batteries, so I'll put that out there right now. 

That said, I'd take the Bose if you put a gun to my head and made me pick between the two - it looks less dorky, the AE and AE2 weren't terrible, and they'll let you return them within 30 or 90 days (check with Bose, don't quote me on the exact time, but all of their products do have a trial period) if you're unhappy. I don't think either will give you "$300 worth of sound" - you're paying quite a bit for ANC circuitry and the name; neither is justified.

That said, I would consider other products. You can't really "love" something you've never used, now can you? Depending on what you want in terms of bass response, there are plenty of good choices. I like the Sennheiser HD280s for a "make things quiet and also have some boom" application. They also don't eat batteries. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 get mentioned frequently; I'm unfamiliar with them, they aren't terribly expensive though, might be worth a sneak'n'peek. A lot of the AT pro cans are available in a variety of colors, especially if you can import from the JDM. Ultrasone would be my personal next stop if the Sennheisers aren't palatable; lots of bass, decent sound-staging, tank-like build quality (I haven't actually "battle tested" this, but they feel very tough in the hands), they don't weigh a ton, and they look kind of wild. Even their open headphones put out more bass than any two men need.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 33
Tried the Pro, Studio and Solo. I'm not 100% sure if I was listening to the Solo 'HD' or not though, don't really know a lot about Beats. Didn't really care for any of them sound wise but the Pro's seemed very well made so that was nice. At the end of the day though they just aren't my thing I'm not a basshead but if I do need bass for certain types of music that I listen to (mostly electronic) I definitely want my bass to be clean which my HFI-580 delivers.

Quote:
which beats are you listening at bestbuy? studio or solo? i bought solo hd yesterday and im gonna return these headphone tomorrow, poor sound quality and the bass isnt that strong

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #22 of 33
Go for the studios, they are definately the bassier of the two.

I dont think they're that stylish, but beauty comes from? the eye of the beholder

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #23 of 33
I say QC15 because later on you can use this can to just block the noise until you get the real good IEM.

Year or few years from now you will realize that both of these headphones are not ideal for any kind of music, but you are imposing to get one of these two so I say QC15.  Wear IEM first then put QC15 on top to block the noise, <---- this will be an ultimate solution as a portable solution.

Enjoy.... :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #25 of 33
still confuse which headphone should i get, studio or qc15, i heard that studio has stronger bass but they leaked so bad, i like headphone with strong bass, people suggest me to buy sony xb500 because they have strong bass but i dont like the model, its like a pillow headphone, i need 7 days to get my decision, beats studio or bose qc15 :frowning2:

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #26 of 33
You should ask people for recommendations instead of forcing yourself to choose between those two. There are so many headphones out there that one of them is bound to fit all of your requirements.
If those were the only two headphones in the world I would have to choose Bose though.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #27 of 33
The QC15s are EXACTLY what you want.  You won't get much of a suggestion on here, they will be too busy pushing their products they endorse on you.  The QC15 has absolutely fantastic sound cancelling, and much, much, better sound as well as they look better and work better.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #28 of 33
thank you for your comments guys, yea i know people would recommend me another headphone, but i just want you to know that im in ''love'' with these 2 headphone, so i dont want another headphone 
regular_smile .gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #29 of 33
After rereading your posts it sounds like bass is pretty important to you. If so you might as well go for the Beats, I have never tried the QC15 but I can't imagine them having as much bass as the Beats brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back