Beats Studio Demo/ Retail Version. Bluetooth hack?
Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xGuso

New Head-Fier
hey guys. this forum has been a lot of help, i recently picked up a pair of beats studio headphones with a ripped cord for a good price thinking i could fix them, come to find out that they are a demo version! when stripped. i have here a green cord, a red cord. which were braided in copper. and i have a black cord and a blue cord which were also braided in blue and copper wire. from ive read the demo version usually come with a normal headphone jack and a a/c? cable for power.  im stumped on how i can get thesse to work. i was guna hack it to a bluetooth speaker and use the recharable battery to that to power them. but if i must ill us a transformer to power them. i jsut dont know what cord is which and what voltage i need? maybe i can explain it better. when spliced there are two chords. both wrapped in copper. one wrapped in plain copper the other wrapped in a blue stripped copper. the chord wrapped in stripped blue copper have two chords., one black and one blue, both insulated. the other chord wrapped in plain copper have two chords also. one green and one red, both insulated in clear insulation but they are colored wire. i picked up today a 1/8" stereo plug where there is room for 3 wires. ground. left speaker and right speaker. considering studios reqaire an outsidde power source im going to some how have to power them, my question is which wire is for the left speaker, right speaker, ground, power and ground. if i could post pictures i would. once again any help would be aprreciated as im very excited to get thesse headphones working properly! thank you! im assuming the black and blue cord are power + and black being - and the red and blue cords being l and right speaker with the loose copper as ground, but so far i have had no luck, any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you!

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 3
*Update* okay so i connected the red and green wire to the new headphone jack. and the copper wiring to whats supposed to be the ground for the headphone jack. the blue and black insulate wires arent connected. but from what i read i should be getting some sound but not at full power. i sanded the color wires so it has some connection, but i get nothing. im stumped. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Here is some pictures

two copper wires, (ground maybe?) a black insulated wire. and a blue insulated wire. a green and red wire both i had to sand in order to show the copper.

here is what im using to wire the L/R speakers and ground, but im left with the blue and black wires (power source maybe)? either way after wiring them i still get no sound.

This is what it looks like after stripping the insulation off. all four wires wrapped in braided copper, one with blue
as of now my goal isnt to convert to bluetooth, but to just get them working, even if i have to use a dc transformer. any suggestions would be much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back