Beats Studio3
Sep 5, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #92 of 904
I wondered why I haven't visited head-fi for a while..... its because there's so much hate for those who don't comply with other's opinions. If you like something and want to give us your opinion, that's fine. But why do others attack?

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #93 of 904
Never never never !!!

No matter what they produce in the future should they be forgiven for their past misdemeanours

They are still the ultimate fashion based rip off . These headphones are three hundred and fifty dollars. I repeat $350.

Wake up!!!!!!!?!!!

They have to be bl**dy kidding .

They remain as always a joke to those that know.

Suggest you join in the intelligent discussion over at the 'Why the Beats Hate Thread?' (perhaps the daftest question ever asked?):wink:

Your opinion is just that, Skippy. Stop directing your hate at others.

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #94 of 904
Your opinion is just that, Skippy. Stop directing your hate at others.
I've direct hate to no person only the product.....
..until now; you opinionated little toe rag:wink: hope that's personal enough

I think god-bluff is just joking around, or at least I hope so.

Mainly I am (joking). Beats Hate is a relatively little harmless bit of fun

However I still question that $350 price tag represents good value
When Audio Technica can sell you a seemingly very competent BT headphone like the
Audio-Technica SonicFuel ATH-AR3BTfor £99 or $119 you have to question what premium you put on the image or style :-? or those special Apple exclusive features of the Beats. Is it really 3 times as good

Beats are by no means the only culprit when it comes to being on the band wagon of excessive pricing. There is a trend for inflated prices for Bluetooth headphones at the moment. It's almost as odious as the arms race of 'summit level ' headphones. Cashing in on a current craze

£300/$350 and less is the domain serious home Hifi headphones. Some of the best headphones in the world built to give you years rather than months of pleasure.

Only the very finest portable headphones belong in this price range.

All in my obviously minority opinion mind :wink:

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #96 of 904
I've direct hate to no person only the product.....
..until now; you opinionated little toe rag:wink: hope that's personal enough

Mainly I am (joking). Beats Hate is a relatively little harmless bit of fun

However I still question that $350 price tag represents good value
When Audio Technica can sell you a seemingly very competent BT headphone like the
Audio-Technica SonicFuel ATH-AR3BTfor £99 or $119 you have to question what premium you put on the image or style :-? or those special Apple exclusive features of the Beats. Is it really 3 times as good

Beats are by no means the only culprit when it comes to being on the band wagon of excessive pricing. There is a trend for inflated prices for Bluetooth headphones at the moment. It's almost as odious as the arms race of 'summit level ' headphones. Cashing in on a current craze

£300/$350 and less is the domain serious home Hifi headphones. Some of the best headphones in the world built to give you years rather than months of pleasure.

Only the very finest portable headphones belong in this price range.

All in my obviously minority opinion mind :wink:

Lol, glad we're all in for having a little fun. I don't think the AT is a very good comparison because these are positioned as having noise cancelling that should meet or exceed the NC performance from the $350-400 crowd of Bose and Sony. We all know Audiphiles feel Bose is generally crap too but the QC35 has a lot of believers. Let's see how this beats model stacks up against it's true competition once it starts shipping.

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #97 of 904
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #98 of 904
seriously?!??

HD600/650, DT880/990/150 (2 for the price of one) etc from my experience

EDIT your own AKG Q701?!??!

Based on my own experiences, IMO there are a few portable (wired/wireless) headphones in this pricerange that can rival/better some of the older (similarly priced) "serious home hifi headphones" on some (but not all) aspects of their sound quality.

However, with respect...Beats doesn't even make the list of headphones i'd recommend. lol.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #100 of 904
If someone wants to buy open backs that are need a rig for them to truly perform their best and deliver extreme resolution & soundstage, they'll not be looking at wireless noise cancelling headphones... Which is the topic at hand.

Open-back headphones and wireless headphones, let alone ANC wireless headphones, serve two completely different purposes. While I don't personally need ANC (I don't want complete isolation from my surroundings) if Studio3 can provide a funner, more analytical sound than the Solo3 or even a more preferable sound signature over HD1/Momentum then I'm very interested.

Beats' issue vs the wireless competition in my eyes isn't the price, but the warranty. A one-year limited warranty isn't competitive for $350 Headphones.

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #101 of 904
Open-back headphones and wireless headphones, let alone ANC wireless headphones, serve two completely different purposes. While I don't personally need ANC (I don't want complete isolation from my surroundings) if Studio3 can provide a funner, more analytical sound than the Solo3 or even a more preferable sound signature over HD1/Momentum then I'm very interested.

Beats' issue vs the wireless competition in my eyes isn't the price, but the warranty. A one-year limited warranty isn't competitive for $350 Headphones.

Have you tried the B&W P7? That might be a good candidate in your search if you don't need ANC.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #102 of 904
Have you tried the B&W P7? That might be a good candidate in your search if you don't need ANC.

Not the wireless version, but I didn't find the wired demo at Best Buy comfortable. Will wait to see all the new wireless options this holiday season though I'm tempted to pre-order the Beats.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #103 of 904
Not the wireless version, but I didn't find the wired demo at Best Buy comfortable. Will wait to see all the new wireless options this holiday season though I'm tempted to pre-order the Beats.

I am pretty curious about what is coming out as well. Sony's next generation 1000XM2, the new Beats and the rumored QC35 replacement (though who knows when that hits). I am also pretty interested in the AT DSR9BT but nobody nears me has any on display that I can listen to and dropping that kind of money for something I haven't heard is not real exciting.

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #104 of 904
On the subject of high fidelity non-ANC cans, I'm really excited to hear the ORA GrapheneQ when it arrives early next year. Those drivers hold a lot of promise and the way they designed it is incredibly compelling. I started a thread about them if you want to read up on them: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ora-grapheneq-the-worlds-first-graphene-driver-headphone.85

I'm hoping the Studio 3 will be a good compliment with Best in class ANC, and a versatile "studio" (audiophile friendly mids/highs) tuning that also has a versatile and tight/emphasized bass. That doesn't bleed into the mids. If they do that, it's an instant buy for me.

I have a feeling the ORA will be the most resolving and high fidelity wireless dynamic-driver, isolating closed-back when they arrive.

I hope Ora someday make a wireless open back once Bluetooth is lossless. Until then, my iSine20 with Cipher are my portable open back Planar rig and they're sumptuous.

I think because of the Audeze, 1more and ORA options, I'd like an "entertaining" tuning in my set and the features on these are awesome to boot. W1 & ANC that even cancels wind? I'm kinda hyped for these.

I mean, for pure fidelity, neither the Bose nor Sony are really all that competitive at their price point of 350 like Beyers or Sennheisers, as others are keen to point out, when it comes to fidelity. But they're not "engaging." But these Beats just might be

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #105 of 904
On the subject of high fidelity non-ANC cans, I'm really excited to hear the ORA GrapheneQ when it arrives early next year. Those drivers hold a lot of promise and the way they designed it is incredibly compelling. I started a thread about them if you want to read up on them: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ora-grapheneq-the-worlds-first-graphene-driver-headphone.85

I'm hooping the Studio 3 will be a good compliment with Best in class ANC, and a versatile "studio" (audiophile friendly mids/highs) tuning that also has a versatile and tight/emphasized bass. That doesn't bleed into the mids. If they do that, it's an instant buy for me.

I have a feeling the ORA will be the most resolving and high fidelity wireless dynamic-driver, isolating closed-back when they arrive.

I hope Ora someday make a wireless open back once Bluetooth is lossless. Until then, my iSine20 with Cipher are my portable open back Planar rig and they're sumptuous.

I'm weary of Kickstarter headphones since they rarely turn out as good as they sound on paper, but they could be a game-changer if they're as good as they sound.

There's no shame in having a bass-emphasized consumer headphone and an audiophile headphone. I'm thinking an Audeze headphone is also in my future, perhaps iSine10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back